LMS 4.0 Mod Extension Release (M. E.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blasto007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also once some client issues are resolved between Alucard and myself, we will be creating a kick ass video for you tube. Enjoy the mod everyone. =D
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's exciting to see that I have had 18 downloads within a week! My ts_simulations.pk4 that only featured my map ts_murder only had 12 downloads after over a year. Good stuff =)

I am still waiting for the doom3.filefront mirror to be good to go. The file is still pending which is driving me nuts, but as long as the Gamefront mirror works we are golden.

Hopefully the doom3.filefront will bring in even more downloads!

I do wish to mention that you can join servers that are running normal LMS 4.0 with the ME pk4 in the folder. Doom 3 is designed to find and run the needed files to join servers. If those files can't be found or don't exist, then you can't join. Keep in mind that if you join a server not running ME but running normal LMS 4.0, then the ME pk4 will be unloaded.

I have noticed a number of people attempting to join my server. If you are reading this and unable to connect, you must make sure you have the proper files ( see the 4.0 Official FAQ above ) and my pk4 file to join. If you do and still cannot connect, please contact me so that I may help.

Hope those of you who have downloaded it enjoy it!!!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Second Mirror Reply with quote

Hello hello!

The Doom 3 Filefront team has approved my file upload =) Both mirror links in the first post should be working.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Downloads Reply with quote

I just checked both mirrors.

Total of 36 downloads!! Makes me happy Very Happy
DarkWolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, Hello to all!
Thank you Alucard for the new maps! They were fun! =) BUT I had a problem Razz
I now run windows 7 which lms4 worked just fine on. MY cousin came to visit and we tried your patch, my box 7, his box XP. With LMS 4 we could play no problems. When we added your patch to try out the lvls together, everytime either of us connected, we would follow for 1 second and then freeze and crash. It didn't matter who was host, dedicate or not, your new maps or the old lms maps. Once we uninstalled your maps, we were able to coop. Just an fyi and a question about what to do Wink. Afterwards, I played them by myself, and they were GREAT! MY cousin says "Alucard is a mean man, tell him I said thanx!" Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Darkwolf!

Yeah my brother and I had similar problems. However it was only the new maps that we couldn't join together without it freezing. I never changed any binary code. I simply added or changed some existing files. Since I'm currently bored and have nothing better to do, I will look into what may be the problem. I maaaay know what the problem is but I gotta test it out. Thanks for letting me know!

-lmsAlucard
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!

I thought I had tested this particular source of the problem before, but apparently not. When a player spawns, the script file is supposed to spawn a grabber on the player, trigger it, then remove it. That is how the player got the grabber at the start of each map.

HOWEVER, when multiple players are present, that becomes an issue it seems. I just fixed the script file to not spawn the grabber and VOILA! Player could spawn in. I'm going to change it back to normal to test it one final time. If the client freezes, then that is for sure the problem and possibly a tough one to fix. Touch back in a few.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, definitely the problem. In the process of fixing and finding another way to let player spawn with grabber all the time.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: 1.5 PATCH Reply with quote

Hello hello all!

I have completed a patch that fixes the client-side issue of freezing when joining a server.

The issue: Clients upon joining a server would freeze before even starting or freeze shortly after joining.

Source of Issue: A file named ai_player.script was altered by me to enable players to spawn with the grabber. I am sure there was entity name issues involved.

Solution: I removed the code I had added to the ai_player.script file. All items (medkits, armors, backpacks, and more) now give the player the Grabber when picked up. Given that these items are located just about everywhere, and the fact that many spawn points in the game have a backpack linked to them, players will have the grabber at least 90% of the time. I am satisfied with that.

I have updated the main post with the link, but I will post it here as well.

LMS ME 1.5 Patch

Hope it works for you guys too!!!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: # Downloads Reply with quote

Last I checked I have had over 100 downloads =)

In the words of Borat...Very Nice!
Professor Snape

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your going to have even more downloads very shortly! Can't wait to try the new maps! Please don't stop making them! Very Happy
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: woot Reply with quote

138 downloads =)
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: a new update soon Reply with quote

Hey there guys!

FYI, I created a single, condensed version, of the Mod Extension and 1.5 patch. Once things have been set up, you will need to download regardless if you have the 1.5 patch download. In other words, you need to have this new pk4 file and not the ones I had made earlier. This is being done so new people don't have to download 2 separate files. Sorry if this presents any inconvenience.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: FULL VERSION Reply with quote

Ladies and gents! I have made a full 1.5 version of the Mod Extension. Technically there are no changes, but to make downloading quicker and easier for new people, there is now 1 pk4 file now instead of 2. Please be sure to read the first post for directions on getting the new file downloaded.

Woot woot! Oh, and don't forget to check out Calimer's post on the new LMS2 coming up in the future =)
Professor Snape

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alucard! Me and my buddy are playing the maps in about 10 minutes as soon as he finishes the install. Can't wait...
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: