LMS 4.0 Mod Extension Release (M. E.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: LMS 4.0 Mod Extension Release (M. E.) Reply with quote

lmsAlucard here.

I have made a Mod Extension for LMS 4.0. In this I include several new maps and several additional features. I have created this extension to give players a little bit more when playing LMS. With new weapons, monsters, and challenging maps, I hope this extension will be used by many of the LMS players and server hosts.

INSTALLING

1. You first need to make sure you have LMS 4.0 installed. Visit the downloads page.

2. Visit the following download link to get the full LMS ME 1.5
LMS Mod Extension 1.5 FULL
----Be sure to report broken links by posting in this forum or contacting me.

3. Unzip the lmsAlucard_LMSmodExt1_5 zip file. You should have the following files:
default.cfg
lmsAlucard_LMSmodExt1_5.pk4
mapcycle.scriptcfg
lmsAlucard-ModExt1_5README.txt

-If you are missing any of these files, then something is wrong. Contact me.

4. Place the above mentioned files into your lms4 folder. This folder should be located in your Doom 3 folder.

5. Read the README file. Otherwise it wouldn't be called README...

6. Enjoy! Just run the LMS game like normal and you are good to go!

ADDITIONAL NOTES
-Keep in mind that if a server is running this mod extension, then you need the mod extension to play on that server.
--->That being said, if you are using the mod extension and want people without the Mod Extension to play on your server, then you either tell them to come to this forum and download, or remove the above yellow contents from your lms4 folder.
**IF you have the previous LMS Mod Extension with the patch pk4 separate, THAT WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS NEW FILE. You must REMOVE THOSE OLD FILES and replace them with this file in order to join servers using this version.**
If you have any trouble with LMS after downloading this mod extension, post in this topic or PM me.
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Below is a complete list of the features plus some details.

================Begin List================

Maps

Doom 2
30: Icon of Sin

Doom Plutonia
30: Gateway of Hell
32: Go 2 It (yes, that's right)

Doom TNT
30: Last Call

Doom
E3M8: Dis

Other
Demon Sanctum

Additional Features

Weapons
Tron Rifle
--->BFG Model and ammo. Design based on Quake 3 BFG, ie rapid fire. Slightly less powerful than rockets so that player can't completely dominate. Projectile can bounce of walls, floors, and ceilings. I also created large ammo for the BFG and Tron Rifle. This weapon can be reached by using the button assigned to the BFG.
Hellknight
--->Viewmodel based on Fists. Normal Fists texture replaced by flowing blue/green lava. You will be able to acquire the power of the hellknight. Using your fists, you will be able to throw an endless amount of hellknight projectiles at your enemy. Adopted from a Doom 3 weapon mod called Demonic Powers. I have tripled the direct damage output and increased the fire rate in comparison to the Demonic mod. Can be reached via BFG weapon slot. Drops off Hellknights.
Imp
--->Viewmodel based on Fists. Normal Fists texture replaced by flowing red/orange lava.You will be able to acquire the power of the imp. Using your fists, you will be able to throw an endless amount of imp projectiles at your enemy. Adopted from a Doom 3 weapon mod called Demonic Powers. I have increased the direct damage output and increased the fire rate in comparison to the Demonic mod. Can be reached via Chainsaw weapon slot. Drops off imps, nimps, and snimps.
ROE Grabber
--->Weapon from Doom 3 : Resurrection of Evil. Extremely similar properties. Most/all moveables deal the same damage. Can be accessed via Soul Cube weapon slot. Programmed such that all players spawn with the weapon by default. So you always have it!

Monsters
Spider Mastermind
--->Whole new model and animations. Model and animations completed by Blitz and ChupaReaper.
--->Classic chaingun attack included as well as a new blast attack to keep enemies from getting too close. Capable of firing 500 rounds in seconds.
--->Sounds gathered by me, as well as adding additional light(s) and emitters to add to the original model and animations.
--->Script and Definition files written by me
Pain Elemental (Skin: Dark Cyan)
--->(from Doom 2, model will be based on Cacodemon). Made some changes to help prevent player from being overwhelmed and overloading the engine. Lost Souls spawned will be able to attack 3 times then die, or live for 14 seconds.
Super Vagary (Skin: Firey)
--->stronger Vagary with the power to shoot psywaves at its target and throw a couple more objects than the original and a bit more often. Also, upon death, the super vagary spawns 3 trites.
Erinyes
--->Model based on Guardian. Same health as Cyberdemon, awards more points in LMS Mod gametype.
--->Compared to Guardian: Not blind. More likely to charge and will charge to close the distance. Same damage, but different particles. Particles bounce off walls, ceilings, and floors. Particles move faster and thus have a much greater knockback. Blue particles and spawn light. Range attack bounces the enemy either further away or closer (depends on enemy movement). Cannot be damaged while spawning seekers (which can shoot btw). Can follow up charge with a melee or ranged attack. If unable to reach target and target can be hit by ranged attack, will use ranged attack.
Demonshifter
--->Demon that can take the form of 17 of Hell's demons. The same 17 demons can also transform if set to do so. After taking some damage, the demon will change its form to another form as an attempt to catch its opponent off guard. Not to be taken lightly as an easy battle may quickly become life or death.
Archvile (addition)
--->Adding classic Archvile attack. That is if enemy is in view there is a chance the Archvile will burn the enemy then blast its target into the air. By default, this attack is disabled. Must be enabled via Editor or spawned in game with "enableBlast" "1". Set this way because such an attack can easily devastate a player in an open area. I do NOT feel like going to each and every archvile in the game and changing its setting.

Items/Powerups
Megasphere (currently gives 100 health and 200 armor. Model based on megahealth)
--->Current issue: I wish for it to give 200 health to player and make player health 200 (like the megahealth).
--->Current solution: Megasphere targets a megahealth.

Changes to Previous Maps

Murder : Soulcube at the end replaced by Tron Rifle and HK weapon. Replaced one of the Cacodemons in the third chamber with a pain elemental. Mancubus in third chamber replaced by Demonshifter.
Eight Legged Freaks : One of the vagaries replaced by a super vagary, and tron rifle added to map.
Hell's Pentagram : Player spawns with Tron Rifle and HK weapon. 2 large bfg ammo added to map but with 1 minute respawn time.
---Replaced a Cacodemon with a Pain Elemental. Replaced one Cyberdemon with Spider Mastermind
---Reduced wave times to 90 seconds, down from 120.
Barrels o Fun : One vagary replaced by Super Vagary, and tron rifle and HK weapon added to end chamber. Also replaced first cacodemon with Pain Elemental. Archvile has blast attack enabled. Replaced Snimps at the end with Demonshifters.
Main Training Bunker : Tron Rifle and HK weapon added to final chamber.
---Special Cyberdemon replaced by Erinyes. Regular Final Cyberdemon replaced by Spider Mastermind.
---Each training session has had its duration dramatically decreased. All stages last 60 seconds (down from times such as 150, 240, and 300) and the time in between stages is now 30 seconds (down from times such as 45, 75, 100). Did this to allow the any one session to be completed within 13-25 minutes instead of 1-2 hours.
Knightmare : Tron Rifle added to room with lava pit. Megasphere added to map.
Terrorfying Trio : Center armor replaced by megasphere with 90 second respawn. Leaking problem fixed. Player spawns with HK weapon
Lost Soul Redemption : Megasphere added. Replaced an Archvile with a Pain Elemental
Arch Nemesis : Player spawns with HK weapon

Changes to SP COOP Maps
---Replaced all the BFG's in the SP maps with the Tron Rifle since the BFG is essentially removed from LMS.
---Replaced most small BFG ammo with large BFG ammo
---Added hellknight weapon to Hell and Primary Excavation Site.
---Added imp weapon to Primary Excavation Site
---Primary Excavation Site now has an additional large BFG ammo. Also, all the respawn times for the ammo and weapons has been reduced to 3 seconds. This should allow players to obtain their ammo much quicker. I know the frustration when there are multiple players and/or trying to kill the Cyberdemon quickly.
---Fixed sound issue with Caverns Area 2 at the end of the map
---Several Archviles now have their blast attack enabled. So watch out!
---Added Demonshifter to Delta Labs 2a, Delta Labs 4, Hell, CPU Boss, and replaced teleporting Imp in Primary Excavation Site with Demonshifter. Hopefully this will add a little more flavor to the game!

Miscellaneous

Menu
---Players will be able to assign buttons to all weapons from both the main menu and in-game menu. Currently, the main menu only allows a few weapons to be assigned and in-game menu says BFG (which is correct, but BFG is not a normal weapon in LMS)
---Players will be able to access all new maps via any main menu or in-game menu, including ts_murder.
---The default and yellow player skins have been changed to a lava flow type of a skin. Players can choose these from console, main menu, or game menu.

GUI
---Just as players can see weapon graphics on their screen when a weapon is picked up or selected, the Tron Rifle, Imp and HK weapons will have the same feature.

Entities
---Exploding/burning barrels and tanks now deal 500 damage from a direct hit when launched from the Grabber. This is in addition to the splash damage. Should provoke you to aim better =)
---More ragdolls gib now, such as the Imp ragdoll. Many of these have a burning effect for a gib (like when you kill a monster).

CFG
---All of my maps have been added to the LMS map cycle. You will no longer be kicked to the menu when completing one of my maps.

Gallery of Progress
lmsAlucard Gallery

Videos
Mod Extension Teaser
Mod Extension Teaser 2
Mod Extension Teaser 3

================End List================

Credits
--From doom3.filefront.com : NuclearAnthrax - wrote script file and definition file for hellknight weapon and imp weapon. I have modified these in my own ways, but I did not write the original files. Original files and more can be found at Demonic Powers

--From YouTube : ChupaReaper & Blitz - Blitz created the original Spider Mastermind model whereas ChupaReaper wrote the animations and tweaked a few things. Original files and more can be found at ChupaReaper - Spider Mastermind

--From doom3world.org : chuckdood - Years ago wrote code to define arcsin() which I needed for Spider Mastermind. Code can be found at chuckdood - doom3world forums

==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==

Spread the word of LMS 4.0 and this Mod Extension!

Last edited by TA_Alucard on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 am; edited 94 times in total
Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Maps in Progress Reply with quote

[quote="TA_Alucard"]lmsAlucard here.

I have made a list of maps I wish to create. These are going to be Doom 3 versions of maps from Doom 2, Plutonia, and TNT. the list is as follows (orange text means map is completed):

Doom 2
30: Icon of Sin

Doom Plutonia
30: Gateway of Hell
32: Go 2 It (yes, that's right)

Doom TNT
13: Nukage Processing
18: Mill
30: Last Call

Picked these particular maps for ease of construction and intensity of gameplay. Should prove to be fun! These will be meant for SP Coop.

As I make progress on these maps, I will make updates in this post. This will be a separate map pack for LMS with label dc, for Doom Classics. Should be fun maps and hopefully will pull in more people to LMS.[/quote]

My first post in 5 years!
Icon Of Sin is a really awesome map! Is there any notable differences between the original map and Doom3?

'There is no God, The only god that exist is the godcheat'

http://www.lmsmd.moddb.com/
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sup man =)

-Obviously, lighting will look different.
-The gatekeeper is not a flat skull anymore, but one of the 3D models extending out of the wall.
-Given that I don't know how to create models (yet :p) the brain is not a picture of a dead guy, but just another damageable model.
-Monsters can't travel from platform to platform. They get crushed by the monster_clip. This was the only way to get the monsters to behave correctly.
-You have to rocket jump from the elevator to reach the platform with the beginning Revenant (original you could run).
-Not all monsters can spawn. I restricted the pool to about 13 demons.
-Original gatekeeper took 3-4 shots to kill. This gatekeeper takes 10 rocket hits. This was to increase the difficulty without it taking forever at the same time.
-Instead of a cube shooting from the skull, I combined a couple emitters to something a little more interesting.
-There is a pda in the beginning with an email explaining the boss (for those who have never played classic).

I am currently working on Last Call (map 30 TNT) which will use all the same settings as this gatekeeper. I have finished the first 2 rooms of the map. The second room is noticeably different. Some of the fires have been extinguished and a small battle took place between marines and demons. A pda was added to help explain only a little of the platform pattern.

It is fairly time consuming to make this map given I am making sure I match as much as I can. Although it hasn't been difficult.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to look up sound converters and found one that converts .wav to .ogg. Doing so, my .pk4 file with all updates that I has gone from ~71 MB to 18.6 MB. Sooooo =D
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audacity is a good one if the one you have isn't better Very Happy
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoooouuuu may want to check the list in the first post. I added some uhh...potential additional features =)
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Updates

-I have perfected the model I want for the megasphere =)
-The arachnotron AI is mostly completed (Might have to add 1 thing)
-The arachnotron plasma model/particle/definition is complete.
--It travels almost twice as fast as the plasmagun shot (so stronger pushback)
--It deals 1 point less damage than the Failure plasmagun given the Arachnotron will fire more often
--The model is larger than the original plasma as well as a different color and different impact (including sound)

I am still working on the model for the Arachnotron. I am actually attempting to use 3ds Max to create the model. It is my first time using this software, so it may take a while. However, if I am successful then the arachnotron will have it's own model and animation. If I fail, the model will be based on the Trite or Vagary and not as exciting :s I do have the basic shape of the Arachnotron made: legs [prisms], body [cylinder], cannon [tube], and brain [sphere]. I still need to construct the arms of course, but above all that I need to put in "bones" so the figure can move and of course create animations (such as idle and combat). I have less than 30 days to complete this task given the version I have is a free trial. Hopefully I can do it!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaand I just saw a mod that may already have an Arachnotron...haha. But I'm keeping my plasma shot!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Mk, I've made a few small changes to several of my original maps. They are as below:

Murder : Soulcube at the end replaced by Tron Rifle
Eight Legged Freaks : One of the vagaries replaced by a super vagary, and tron rifle added to map.
Hell's Pentagram : Player spawns with Tron Rifle. 2 large bfg ammo added to map but with 1 minute respawn time.
Barrels o Fun : One vagary replaced by Super Vagary, and tron rifle added to end chamber
Main Training Bunker : Tron Rifle added to final chamber
Knightmare : Tron Rifle added to room with lava pit

That is all I can recall that I changed, but pretty sure that is it
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, might be time for another news release Very Happy
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still working on Last Call, but I have completed over 50% of the map. I have made some changes and additions to the map to give it more of a Doom 3 feel. The changes and additions are centered around marines and scientists having visited the area after the original Doom guy, but met with a fatal ending. I am certain I will do similar things to the other maps I need to work on still.

Below is a link to a gallery containing images of my progress. Check it at least once a week to keep up with my progress visually.

lmsAlucard Gallery
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

I have finally finished Last Call! 2/6 maps done haha. I plan on getting the Pain Elemental finished next that way I can put full focus on my maps.

Doom Plutonia - Map 30: Gateway of Hell is next.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Pain Elemental is complete.

It attacks slightly quicker than the cacodemon, but "has the same health." Basically, due to damage done by weapons and deaths preventing spawning, the pain elemental has 11200 health, but at 11000- health, it will die. So it really has 200 health. That is the short explanation haha.

It's behavior is extremely similar to it's classic version. It does spit lostsouls towards its target, although the lost soul is not necessarily facing the same target. Pain Elemental death may be delayed, but by no more than a second. This is due to animation. I may attempt to fix this later. Uhhh...upon death the ragdoll begins to burn like normal, but also explodes 3 times then shooting 3 lostsouls in 3 directions.

Not a perfect recreation, but seems to work well and I am super excited about it haha. Plus, the way I have the code written will allow me to EASILY code in for other monsters the same abilities upon death.

One thing I am considering at the moment is something my brother and I had discussed when we were little kids playing Doom. The thing is having the ability to throw a hellknight's projectile. Clearly, a new weapon and it would have infinite ammo. I am also considering adding a new powerup that when picked up will replenish ammo, armor, and health over time.

Expressed interest in either of these will tempt me more and more to do it. So speak up if you are interested in the Hellknight weapon and Replenishing powerup!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I have been working on Gateway of Hell for a bit now. I'll get screenshots up once I have the physical map built (which I am well over halfway done).

I made an addition to the super vagary. In light of the fully functioning pain elemental, I decided to add the following: When the super vagary dies, it spawns 3 trites. Figured this would be anoher worthy change.

I don't remember if I posted this or not and don't care to check, but the Pain Elemental Lost Souls live for a limited time. In fact, they can either get in 3 attacks, or die after 14 seconds (whichever comes first). Added this change because when I tried playing Barrels o Fun to test him, there were way too many lost souls after a while. Sooo yeah =)

That's all I have for now. I'll update again when I have screenshots. The map will be done completely shortly after that.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: screenshot update Reply with quote

lmsAlucard Gallery

Use the link above to view my latest screenshots. I've added a couple images for Gateway of Hell.

As far as progress goes, I've been trying to get the proper lighting and for the most part I am satisfied. I still need to build in the gatekeeper which I can copy and paste from Icon of Sin. Once I have the map scripted completely, I will throw in some decorative touches and addiitonal ammo and health given it will be more difficult than the original. I should be done before the end of the week.

My current goal is to have 5/6 maps done by time January rolls around plus the hk-fist weapon. There is a weapon mod out there that already contains this weapon, however my initial attempts to transfer it to LMS were unsuccessful. If all goes well, I will be ready for Beta Testing of the LMS mod extension by mid-late January to early February.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: