LMS 4.0 Mod Extension Release (M. E.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: final monster update Reply with quote

Spider Mastermind has been completed! I wouldn't say he is perfect, but humility aside I think I did a pretty good job for an amateur with his script, definition, and sound files, as well as his brain texture, and some emitters.

Once I have the final teaser video of him made and uploaded, I will repost in this thread. All I have left now is to create those 2 maps. Thankfully they will be small =)

Happy New Year!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Ok, first off Dis has its physical structure built. Ideally, I can finish the map by tomorrow night. I'll try getting some sketches going for my Demon Sanctum map so I can start on that asap.

As far as the final teaser video goes...my movie maker sucks. Has sucked ever since I "upgraded" it from 2.0. I'll try to get it working so I can get the video processed and uploaded.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: brief update Reply with quote

Keeping this brief.

Finished like 95% of map E3M8: Dis. Still have some little tweaks to throw in, but yeah. I should be able to start Demon Sanctum tomorrow or saturday. Either way, I should have that map finished by the end of next week and then beta testing can start.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Dis is done!

Demon Santum is all I have left, and I am bringing in some bounce pads for it =)
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

The physical construction of Demon Sanctum is done. Similar to Eight Legged Freaks, the majority of the map was created using models. I'm at the point, of putting in vis portals (so you can't see the WHOLE map at once haha), setting up monsters, and tweaking some gameplay throughout the map. I should be able to finish the map by this weekend. We'll see.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I am nearing completion of my Demon Sanctum map. I should be able to finish tomorrow and hopefully have 1 final teaser video made. I have uploaded 6 new pictures to my gallery. 3 show off Dis and 3 show off what I have done so far for Demon Sanctum. Oh...and the Spider Mastermind is in 2 of the pics =) click the link below!

lmsAlucard Gallery
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: UPDATE!! Reply with quote

Demon Sanctum is complete! And of course, it can provide a good challenge =) The primary monsters in the map are Erinyes and Demonshifters. I did put in "bounce pads" as well =) Little need for stairs now haha.

Currently, I have no plans to add anything else, only make changes. The next couple days I will be testing many things and taking a look at my older maps to see if there is anything else I want to do (which isn't likely haha. I want this extension to be released soon). Afterwards, the extension will be in the beta testing stage for at least a week, max 2 weeks.

All goes well, this mod extension will be released January 31st. Polish your skills everyone. This will pack a wallop (if that is how it is spelled).
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I have made a few changes.

1. More ragdolls now gib, ones such as the Imp ragdoll. Many of these will burn as a gib effect.

2. Main Training Bunker can now be completed with 13-25 minutes on average. Why? I reduced time spent in stages and between stages. Main Training Bunker normally took anywhere from 1-2 hours to complete.

I am looking into more changes I can make.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Almost done =) Reply with quote

Alrighty!

I have put my maps in the LMS map cycle. You should now be able to complete one of my maps without getting kicked to the menu.

My mod extension (ME)is now entering the Beta Testing stage! I intend to release the ME on January 31 assuming all goes well. I have done some extensive testing on my own, so there should be little trouble releasing the files then.

Current zip file size is ~97.9 MB, where as the uncompressed size is ~98.6 MB. Not too shabby I'd say =)
Blasto007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUHAHAHA...Daddy's back Cool
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Updates - Result of Testing Reply with quote

Mk. Blasto and I have been able to do some testing. Just fyi, this testing is primarily to get a 3rd person perspective on my Mod Extension, as well as to check client-side issues.

We have encountered issues with clients. Clients were unable to see the emitters or hear certain sounds of the new monsters Asmodeus and Erinyes. I have replaced these emitters with FX files. An example of what I mean is every time a monster teleports in, you see a teleport effect. That is created by an FX file. I haven't tested my FX files on client side yet, but they yield the same result as before for server side.

For fun and the sake of identifying monsters, the Pain Elemental has a green skin and the Super Vagary has a sort of fiery skin color (red and orange).

Another change I made is the firing rate, damage, and accuracy of the Spider Mastermind. Originally he fired at a rate of 1 bullet per .01 seconds. FAST. However, clients experienced lag spikes (probably also a result of the emitters being processed by server. Either way, the new FX should reduce lag). Spider Mastermind attack rate is now .1 seconds, but now deals 3x the damage he did (5 -> 15) and is just over 2x more accurate (assuming you are standing still haha).

These changes have yet to be tested for clients, but hopefully work!
Blasto007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea lets see if the bastard can catch me >=D

Ok I did some solo runs to catch anything that might effect host/client. I'll include my notes in next post.
Blasto007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***These are from the first release. I haven't used the patch you just gave me yet***

Demon Sanctum:
-Mancubus in Archville room is a little glitched. I noticed in some cases it can be one shoted with a DB-shotgun and will not transform, but rather disappear and not even rag doll. Also when it does transform it's idle sound can still be heard and even it's damage tone when I shoot the next monster in the rotation. I can't remember how you had the transform set up, but I'm sure you don't intend for demons to sound like another.
-The Erinyes gets stuck in place in a few locations. One is by the doorway, second is at the direct opposite end by the edge and third is by the jump pad. I'm still trying to do runs in the area to make sure he isn't fighting other demons. But he will unfreeze once in LOS, (through the front, not the back or sides) or once enough seekers are killed, usually after two waves.
-The Pinky in the Pain element room on the cliff, he will transform, but every so often he won't due to a one shot, just like the mancubus. Also my first run in there I noticed he never respawned. My theory is this though. I killed him, he transformed into a flier and I never killed it during the rest of my run.
-I do have a personal opinion on the Erinyes room. On the floating platform, the seekers really wreck havoc. Though I'm sure this is your plan, it makes it very challenging to even stay on there for more than a second at times. Might I suggest rotating walls close enough to the platform, this way it gives you a chance to live long enough to fight out on it, well at lower skill levels anyway lol.

Go 2 It:
-First I like the dirty little extras you put into it since pre-beta. muha.
-The courtyard fight is interesting. The Spider Mastermind will fight with all monsters, except the Cyberdemon. (who by the way is retarded, might want to up the first ones accuracy a bit) I can get the SM to fight the revs, the Super Vagary's, but will not engage the Cyberdemon by any means. (The Cyberdemon though will engage all enemies.)
-Courtyard lag...um so yea, I threw on god mode and went out there with the first Cyberdemon alive and the SM still up. All SV's were dead. I grabbed the key and after the wall to the next part had completely dropped, lag city. Once about half of the revs were killed it let up enough to where I could control my movements again.
-I can farm most of the monsters into a bottleneck by the start and wipe them. Maybe a few well placed monster clips would force players into having to exit rather than camp.
-Cyberdemon in first cubbyhole. We both know he cant see the player down the hall to shoot, not sure if you can make him see through the wall, otherwise he is just another camp.

Dis:
-SM can be camped. Maybe a slight adjustment to the walkways height would be a nice surprise. It would be havoc on trying to get out of hallway, but at least he could fight back. And it is a very slight adjustment, it doesnt take much once you're out of the room.
-The mancubus that transforms...Well I'm thinking spot. It's the top right of the steps. I killed it and it transformed into a maggot. I got up on it because it had it's back turned on me. Nothing, even shot into the air...I jumped on top, nothing, jumped over into front, started attacking. Again, my guess is that spot got it stuck.

Gravity Beam:
-Most ragdolls, mostly demons, will be destroyed after one use from the gravity beam...um guessing that how it works because I never used it much.
-I can grab the SV's attack, but when I release it, it will randomly shoot it back in a different direction. Again not familiar with the gun.
-Can't open fridge door, grab lunch meat and cheese and make sandwich....

Spider Mastermind:
-Having problems locking onto player when I'm only peeking around the corner. This mostly happens in Go 2 It. I think it's because he has a limited range he can walk. None the less, when I'm simply looking to see where he is at, he will turn in place to shoot, but never in my direction.
-Also, his close range attack, I noticed he uses it anytime anything gets close enough. He can be shooting at me and if a melee demon gets close enough, he will engage close range attack.

Those are my current notes. Again I haven't used the newest patch that you stated above. But will retest each one.
Cool
Blasto007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have some good news and some bad news, to report on the latest patch for clients.

Bad News

Dis:
Console Message reads as follows-
ERROR: script / ai_monster_flying_lostsoul.script(144): thread 'entity166': unknown function 'state_clientidle' in 'monster_flying_lostsoul'

This shut me out of the server into the console. This message was at the bottom. Above it it had stated the same above but only until the second script and below that it said NO FUNCTION. My guess is that there is something wrong with the lostsoul. I saw nearly every combo of kills and when a lost soul is next in rotation or a Pain Element dies, I get the above messages and can only use console.

Also the noise belonging to the transform didn't play. Monsters are playing their 'sight' as normal now. Also the teleport effect isn't seen. i will play a solo game to make sure it works there too.

Also the maggot that spawns at the top of the steps has a mirror image that is left behind.

Spider Masterminds emitters for FX are not showing. You simply see the bullets.
(Im asuming you fixed his eyes as well. If you did they are perfect in my opinion. Not too flashy but spooky at the same time.)

Good News

Dis:
Spider Mastermind:
-Lag is down by a lot. When SM is firing, lag stays very minimal if none at all. Does not spike.
-His melee attack is now visible. At first as a client I was unable to determine if he was stopping to attack others or was simply getting stuck. Lag is minimal to none, even when we trips it several times and is shooting all at the same time
-Did I mention his eyes look better?

Half and Half

Dis:
The transform works, but no teleport FX or sound, just the demons default sight. The client spikes in lag for a split second, it would be enough for mastermind to catch you if you manage to stay ahead. But...once a monster is seen in rotation, the lag spike goes away. So in order-Maggot-imp-smaggot. Once the maggot dies and transforms into imp, there will be a lag spike, just a half second glitch. Then again when the smaggot appears after the imp dies. Good part...it doesn't matter the order of transform from here on out. To keep it simple same rotation. once the maggot dies, imp appears, no lag spike, same when imp dies and smaggot appears, no spike. So once the client sees the transform, it wont spike them when that certain demon appears.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the Demonshifter goes:

-I had fixed the transformation effects and sounds already. Clients should see them in the newer zip file I haven't given you yet.

-There is the possibility for players to prevent Demonshifter or demons that can transform from transforming. They are set to transform in between attacks. But if you deal enough damage they won't transform. I kinda like it like that.

-The maggot mirror being left behind...idk right now haha. I have to see it happen myself.

-The lagspike happens both server and client side. Unless I have all 17 monsters put in each map ahead of time and hide them, it will spike for a split second until that monster has been generated.

Lostsoul should be fixed. I copied the wrong script file when I went to add my changes. I have put in the necessary code.

The grabber, not gravity beam haha, is behaving as it should. The ragdolls should gib after first shot from grabber.

Mastermind will use his close-range attack anytime any AI entity, including players, get within range. He likes his personal space =) And because of his big size and model design, he does have trouble seeing players. I may sacrifice realism and reduce his AAS size to allow him to see players more often.

I will work on the maps. Thanks for the notes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: