LMS 4.0 Mod Extension Release (M. E.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: kinda update Reply with quote

I honestly am growing bored of map making haha. So I will finish Go 2 It and that will be the last I will make from the classic Dooms. I am working on some additional stuff to add to LMS, and I may make small Killfest-like maps featuring the new stuff. Haven't decided yet.

One thing I am working on now is a new player skin for players to choose from. It isn't working atm, but working hard!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: small update Reply with quote

I have enabled the main menu and in-game menu to allow players to:

1. Access any and all new maps (I finished this a LONG time ago)

2. Change weapon assignments for any weapon
--"Can't we do that already?"
-----> Yes and no. If you are at the main menu, you cannot for all weapons. In-game, I believe yes. Through the console, yes. I want it able to be done FOR SURE with all 3 of those approaches for all weapons.

Keep in mind I am open to suggestions, especially now that I have eliminated 2 maps from my list. I have plenty more time to work on things and FIX things that you may notice.

For now, I have given up on the new skins. The stuff is not cooperating with me and starting to think deeper coding that I don't know is required. I'll look into it more when I finish a few other things.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: gui update Reply with quote

Alrighty.

So now when a player picks up the Imp weapon, HK weapon, or Tron Rifle in SP COOP, the respective icon will appear. While the Tron Rifle maintains the BFG 9000 icon, the Imp weapon has an imp icon and the hellknight has... YES YOU'RE RIGHT, a hellknight icon :p

The same icons are used in the LMS Mod gametype when selecting or scrolling through weapons. There are 2 issues here in the LMS gametype:
1) Cannot scroll to the new weapons. Idk why because I thought I made it possible. Idk if I will attempt to fix this since it is very minor imo.
2) When selecting the Tron Rifle, the BFG icon does not appear. I may or may not fix this due to it being minor (since you're going to be busier killing monsters haha).

But those are in for aesthetics. I plan on trying to get Go 2 It done, finally lol. That way I can work on other stuff like Demonshifter and adding the archvile attack.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: video update Reply with quote

Made another one =) Focused on Caverns 2 this time

Mod Teaser 2
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: map update Reply with quote

I have finished most/all of the mechanics of the map. I finished adding monsters. For the most part, all I have left is the decoration and placing of items, ammo, and weapons.

I should have this finished sometime tomorrow, as well as the archvile attack and perhaps Demonshifter
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: monster update Reply with quote

I have given the Archvile his blast attack back Smile

The one change I have made compared to the classic doom archvile attack is that you actually burn. The damage is minor, even manageable at skill 5. But the blast can rip you apart if you aren't careful. Especially if you get a few archvile blasts on you, you best have a parachute Smile ... and you won't haha

EDIT:
This attack is disabled by default. Reasons:
1) I am not grabbing all the maps that have an archvile and disabling this setting where the player has no chance of hiding
2) ummm
3) I remembered what 2) is. There is no 2).

Quite simply, this attack is the best enemy attack if the enemy's target is in an open area. In some maps, including mine, this would piss off many players. Soooo, yeah Smile Though I have enabled this attack for several archviles, both my maps and SP COOP maps combined. Don't worry, I tried using some caution :p
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spammer!! Let me know when you want to make any big announcements/post videos, and I'll post them on the front page Very Happy Sounds like you have a lot of fun progress!!!
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: update and calimer Reply with quote

Hey I don't spam, I inform :p

Anyways, I'll shoot you a PM when I want a few beta testers. My brother is going to help, and I believe my dad will as well. I should be ready by no later than mid-January to begin beta testing. There are a couple maps I feel like adding, but by my design and not classic doom. These maps would be designed for the new monsters I have made for this mod.

In other news, I have fully tested Go 2 It. I have decided that due to the LARGE number of monsters, and powerful monsters haha, I have limited the amount of decorations to select parts of the interior. There are multiple areas where you can grab ammo and health, so you don't always have to run to the beginning of the map. During my tests, I did find that I was far more focused on killing the monsters than admiring blood and ragdolls. Given that, and the fact that I did physically re-create the map, I think that will be satisfying enough for players =)

So, the map is complete! Finally lol. I will not have a chance to work on anything tomorrow and not likely on the 25th. I will spend time when I can writing down code for the new monster Demonshifter, but yeah.

Happy holidays!

EDIT:

Check out the new photos!!!
lmsAlucard gallery
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Demonshifter has officially been completed! Demonshifter, when spawned, can be 1 of 17 different demons. This can add randomness to any map. He can also be set to transform either twice, once, or zero times depending on his set "transformStage" key. The same key can be used on the same 17 chosen demons. This can allow map makers to choose what monster they want the players to face first.

I have also increased the BFG maximum ammo to 50 (previously 32). Now that the Tron Rifle is in the picture, need to be able to hold a little more ammo for it.

At this moment, all I really have in mind to do is make at MOST 2 more maps with a Killfest design. One map will revolve around Erinyes and the other around Demonshifter. I am heavily considering adding Demonshifter to Primary Excavation Site as well to add a little something to SP COOP. May add to a couple other maps as well.

Finally, I've made another teaser video that primarily features Demonshifter. That and also shows the Archvile's classic blast attack =) At the time of this post, video is still uploading. So you may have to wait on it. Below is the link. Enjoy!

Mod Extension Teaser 3
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: map update Reply with quote

I've made some changes to a few SP COOP maps.

NOT TELLING YOU WHERE EXACTLY...but I have added a Demonshifter to: Delta Labs 2a, Delta Labs 4, Hell, and CPU Boss.

I have replaced the teleporting Imp in Primary Excavation with a Demonshifter.

Respawn times for ammo and weapons in Primary Excavation have been reduced to 3 seconds. Should allow even 4 players to grab weapon and ammo very quick and kill the cyberdemon. I know the frustrations players go through in there due to respawn times :s

Hopefully, this will add a little somethin somethin =)
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: i'm nosey Reply with quote

Found the Spider Mastermind!!!

Buahahaha. And yes, adding him in. Just as well, making a couple maps with him in it =) He will replaced Erinyes in my Go 2 It map, but Erinyes is getting his own map ANYWAYS, so yeah Smile Smile Smile

Spider Mastermind video
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: kinda update Reply with quote

Having lots of trouble getting the files set. Game still doesn't recognize that the Spider Mastermind has a model defined. If I can fix this, then I should be able to get everything else working.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: model working! Reply with quote

Idk how I did it, but the Spider Mastermind model is working!

I need to get the textures applied and make sure the script file is working 100%. From there I will make any other changes I feel necessary. Once done, I will upload a few screenshots of him =)
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: mastermind update Reply with quote

Alrighty!

Not only do I have a working model, but I have a Spider Mastermind that works =) The AI file I still need to test a little bit more and modify, but I am quite satisfied with my progress so far. I still need to add sounds and emitters to this big guy though. I might be able to complete that tomorrow and get pics uploaded, as well as one additional video.

I have made one fundamental change to the Spider Mastermind. In classic Doom, his bullets were horizontally spread out. I may be able to figure out how to get him to do it in Doom 3, BUT until I do, he currently slows your speed down by 50%. This is set because otherwise he is a piece of cake to kill at even short range. I do hope to figure out the horizontal shots. I will need to take a look at the Guardian script file for a little help since he does release projectiles horizontally.

OH! And, don't think about going under the Spider Mastermind. He might uhh, kill you =)
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Spider Mastermind is nearly complete! I may be able to get more done tonight. Might stay up later because I have a New Years party coming up.

Primary AI for the Mastermind is complete. He has his classic chaingun attack, including an emitter and light for his muzzleflash. I have given him red eyes through an emitter. He also has an all new blast attack. I originally had him kicking, but that was temporary. If you get too close to him, he will blow you away so that he can shoot you! I still need to test him again against the Cyberdemon and Erinyes. Let's just say the Cyberdemon never stood a chance and Erinyes came close (but the Mastermind KICKED back then). Either way, I am sure players will appreciate having the Mastermind back in Doom =)

Things left to do:
--->Complete sounds/emitters for Mastermind.
--->Seek to add an aas_mastermind. In case you don't know what I mean, each monster based on its size follows an aas file. The mancubus, cyberdemon, and guardian/erinyes have their own due to their unique size. I plan on seeing what I can do for the Mastermind.
--->2 new, SMALL, maps: 1 being a Killfest using Demonshifter and Erinyes. Another being a more SP COOP type map featuring the Mastermind (I believe the classic map is called...Dis)

Given good time, I can complete this within the next couple weeks and beta test for hopefully no more than 1 or 2 weeks. Almost done!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: