LMS 4.0 Mod Extension Release (M. E.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Weapon update Reply with quote

In a matter of minutes I was able to get the hellknight weapon working haha.

It can be reached by scrolling or by pressing 9 (bfg weapon slot). It uses the HK projectile but is more powerful. I plan on using part of tomorrow to program the HK's to drop this weapon upon death. I will also add the weapon to a few of my maps. I just need to get a suitable world model haha =)

Also, compared to the Demonic weapons mod version of this weapon, instead of fists-raising sound, I have the HK-creating-fireball sound. Makes it a bit more dramatic =) So hey guys! 2 new weapons, a new powerup, and 2 new monsters! And inc 6 new maps! super sweet imo haha
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Multiple Updates Reply with quote

I've taken a break from Gateway of Hell to do a few other things including but not limited getting a fully functional HellKnight Weapon.

The weapon is fully functional and drops off any Hellknight. The weapon only exists when dropped from a HK for 5 seconds. This is because I don't want to lag out any map with dozens and dozens of HK weapons floating around. I did use the original def and script files of this weapon from the Demonic Powers weapon mod, however I made modifications to better suit LMS:

1. Pick-up and raise-weapon sounds changed to HK fireball create sound
2. Over 3 times more powerful and fires quicker
3. Weapon model uses a BFG particle model instead of a black floating cube
4. Weapon can be accessed via BFG weapon slot and weapon scrolling
5. Weapon drops off any hellknight and exists for 5 seconds after
6. To reduce lag, I reduced the number of particles generated by the weapon by over 50%

I have also changed the programming for the deaths of the Super Vagary and Pain Elemental, but behavior remains the same. The change allows players to receive credit for killing each creature.

I have also replaced all BFG's in the SP COOP with Tron Rifles. Just as well, I replaced most of the BFG small ammo with my large ammo. I have also added the HK weapon just before the Guardian in the Hell map and at the beginning of Primary Excavation Site. Made these changes so that players can use the weapons in SP COOP.

I am also going to look at adding a skill level 6. This way veteran and top players can push themselves even more and attempt higher scores and still maintain 0 deaths.

Fun stuff! But still have a lot of work to do! Happy hunting!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Another weapon haha Reply with quote

Ok, so I can't help it.

I'm going to basically use the HK weapon script and write a new one for an Imp fireball. This is also used in the Demonic Powers weapon mod, but I will make similar modifications to this weapon as I did the HK weapon.

It will be able to drop off any Imp, Nimp, and Snimp for 5 seconds. Given the abundance of Imps in all the maps, I will only create the weapon and not add it to any map. I mean, we don't add a pistol to every map because you always have it. This will be not much different. I may actually be able to get it fully programmed tonight since most of it is copy and paste.

Adding this FINAL weapon because I want a new, more accessible weapon than the Tron Rifle and HK weapon. Add some experience to some of the maps!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Weapon Update Reply with quote

I have officially completed the Imp weapon.

Similar changes have been made to it as the HK weapon. Ie more damage, faster rate, different model, more efficient particle, etc.

It does drop off most imps, nimps, and snimps. The ones it doesn't seem to drop off of are the ones that are for cinematics (ie the two imps that bust down the doors in Admin), which is whatever. Idc haha.

It is accessible via Soul Cube weapon slot. This does not change the functionality of the soul cube. I tested that =) Cool stuff!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Another weapon!? Reply with quote

Ohhh yeah baby =)

The ROE grabber weapon will be available for use in SP COOP and LMS Mod!!! I tested it and got it working. You will be able to throw projectiles back at enemies and damage enemies with most/all moveable items. Weapon can be accessed via soul cube weapon slot.

And one other change. The Imp weapon is now accessed via chainsaw slot. I picked the slots I picked for all the new weapons because of the way the LMS Mod weapons are toggled. This allows for SP COOP and LMS Mod to have all the weapons as well.

One thing I am currently working on although it shouldn't take long at all, is allowing all players to spawn with the grabber. This way the weapon does not need to be added to any maps. Happy hunting!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Update : Map complete Reply with quote

I have finally completed the Gateway of Hell map! Took long enough but it is set. Next map to be worked on : Go 2 It

I have also uploaded several new pictures of Gateway of Hell, the grabber, and imp weapon. Check them out!
lmsAlucard Gallery
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I have started Go 2 It from Doom Plutonia. I'm approaching this map differently than I have before. Normally I work 1 room or hallway at a time. This time I am constructing the entire physical map, only adding movers where there are moving walls or platforms. So far over half the physical map is complete =) At this rate this map will be done before next week!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I have finished over 75% of the Go 2 It physical map. I should be able to finish the rest of that tomorrow, that is if the next thing I'm about to tell you doesn't stop me.

It will be difficult I think, but I plan on creating one more new monster called Erinyes. Its model will be based on the Guardian from the Hell map in Doom 3. I REALLY want to make this new monster happen because the Guardian is rarely if ever used outside of the Hell map. I haven't decided exactly how Erinys will behave, but I can tell you he won't be blind lol. I really want to make this work for another reason...I gotta find something to replace the Spider Mastermind in Go 2 It lol. Hopefully I will have more on this tomorrow!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: video update Reply with quote

Keeping this post short due to time. The following link will take you to a somewhat short video showing some of my work so far for the mod. It doesn't come anywhere close to showing half of what I have done, but it should be a nice little teaser for now =)

Mod Extension Teaser
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Monster Update Reply with quote

Keeping this brief due to being tired haha.

Erinyes boss is complete! I've tested it extensively and does what I want. I do need to do multiplayer testing, but that will come when I am "finished" making additions and changes to the mod extension.

For some details of the new Erinyes monster, see the first post of this thread.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: updates Reply with quote

See new image below! Features the grabber, Erinyes, and the map Go 2 It (incomplete).

Weapon Update: Tron Rifle projectile now bounces off walls, floors, and ceilings.

Monster Update: Erinyes will now use his ranged attack if unable to reach his target and target can be hit by his ranged attack. Added this because he just wouldn't attack me in Go 2 It when I was on the lower ground!

Map Update: Completed brush construction of Go 2 It. Working on textures now.

Go 2 It
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Monster/Map Update Reply with quote

I have finished putting in the textures on all the brushes I have made so far for the map. I still need to make the doors and switches. Once that is done, I can start on monsters and platforms. If all goes well, the map will be done by no later than Tuesday.

In other news, Erinyes range attack has gone through a change. Instead of a random push or pull, it will bounce his enemy in the air. Players will take 10 fall damage normally. Here is the catch: if you are moving away from him, you will be bounced even further away. If you are moving closer, you will be bounced even closer. He can kill you quickly if you are not ready. Yay for new monsters!

And last note. I am bringing back the classic Archvile attack. You know, where he sets you on fire and you get blasted into the air? That's the one =) Might make him a challenging monster once again after such a long time!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: monster update Reply with quote

Erinyes keeps distracting me haha. More or less, I have changed his skin color and the color of the smokey particles. I have uploaded a new image of him spawning in the dark =)

Erinyes
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I have not worked on the map over the weekend. However, I have worked on a few things.

1. Changed the color of the hands for the Imp and HK weapons, AND added a flowing lava texture to each( Imp red/orange HK blue/green ). See the pictures in the below link to see what I mean =)

2. Worked with the Erinyes script some more. There were problems with him freezing or not attacking. I seemed to have fixed it =)

3. Along with the skin change for the Imp and HK weapons, players who have the weapons out will have a fire-like particle emitting from them. This is primarily meant for 3rd party viewers to recognize which weapon is out.

I want to get the original Archvile attack working next then I can finish Go 2 It. So much to do haha

lmsAlucard Gallery - 2 new images
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Potential new monster Reply with quote

So this one monster keeps popping back up in my mind for 2 reasons: would make things quite interesting and would allow me to reduce the file size of my Icon, Gateway, and Last Call maps.

Demonshifter : A demon capable of taking the form of many demons. Either an easy kill or a struggle to survive.

I will NOT begin work on this until Go 2 It is complete. I keep getting side-tracked by other stuff. Plus I want to go into creating this monster after putting thought into how to make it work so I can get it made quicker when the time comes.

Happy hunting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: