LMS Co-op questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maisler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: LMS Co-op questions Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm all new to this mod, I've tried Doom 3 open Co-op but it was way to bugy, I hope this mod is better. Any statement which one is the best?

I have some few questions, note that I havn't played more than 5 min of the Doom 3 Co-op singelplayer mode.
First off I wonder if there is possible to change more options when creating a server except the options you have when creating the game, like how do I change difficulty. Talking about that, when I was looking through the vote stuff inside the game you could change skill, is that difficulty, but skill 2, what is that in Doom 3? Like veteran?
I also wonder if there is possible to skip some of the cutscenes. Last of all I wonder why my gun that I start with just after we've landed disapear when switching to fists.

I hope you can all answear my questions, have a nice day

edit: Came up with another questions, how many times can you die? is it possible to share ammo, we're gona play sp doom 3 coop max 3 players, whats a decent difficulty (hard to answear) What does decent server mean, if I check it, what will be diffrent if I leave it unmarked.
Maisler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please people, help me out here, gona play with some of my friends soon. I know you know Wink
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the lmsserver.cfg you can see all the types of options that can be added when starting a server. Just open it up with a text editor. We have skill levels 1-5, and you change it by voting or if you are in the server admin, si_skill 5 for example. I'm not sure how they correlate with the Doom 3 levels, though I think 5 is harder than anything in Doom 3. Also depending on how many players in game, the difficulty changes. The more, the harder the monsters get. Unfortunately you can't skip the cutscenes. You need to be more specific about when your gun is disappearing, that shouldn't be happening as far as I know. You can die an unlimited about of times, but it does appear in your score. I think I covered everything, take care and have fun.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: