help on making an online server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: help on making an online server Reply with quote

i cant make a server online becuase the ports arnt forwarded i forward the ports and fire wall is off and the problem is not fixed i cant get my server online, if someone could help me it would be much appreciated becuase noone is willing to help me that knows how to fix my pc.

i really want to make a server guys thanks
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, do you have 27666 open in your firewall and router? Also, can you try typing heartbeat into the console when you have your server up? (` key above tab opens the console) and tell me what it says? You could also stop into our IRC sometime at irc.oftc.net #lms-mod or you can click on http://lms.d3files.com/irc/irc.html Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a netgeat wpn824 router, i have windows firewall with 27666 port and 27650 port open, i also went into fire wall opened ports on there. but still no connection it says connected to local host
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so we found your problem then Smile In the console (hit the ` key above tab) type net_lanserver 0 and press enter. Then start your server. The problem is that it was set to a lan server for some reason instead of an internet server, so it was never sending anything out to the masterserver to tell it that your server existed it. Take care.
-calimer
Visit our Moddb Page
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spotted another problem, it said config lan only
does that mean i didnt completely open up my ports? hmm weird... i know the lan server command works tho
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type net_lanserver 0 in your console to take it out of lan mode Smile Take care.
-calimer
Visit our Moddb Page
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did several times and its on 0 now still no connection says connected to localhost even on net lanserver0
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our LMS4 folder we have some included .bat files that load a dedicated server. Can you try using one of them and see what happens? It already has configs set to load everything up in coop for you, including making it an internet server. You can also load up doom 3 once the dedicated server is there to make sure it is in the server list. Also the dedicated server has a mini console so you can type heartbeat in there and see if it is sending to the master server. Take care.
-calimer
Visit our Moddb Page
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welli think i got it up it said my ip and then it said 27666 and after i opened that server i went in and young behold i seen my player enter the game through the thing
so i think it works 192.168.1.22 it said with 27666 opened
i think it works perhaps one of u guys should go in and see oh it goes in under lan not internet for some reason hmmm its listed but under lan and not under internet will folks still be able to join
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: