Last Man Standing Co-op 4.0 Update!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gangstazombie22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.0 is taking to long to come out! please hurry and release it!
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it's taking a long time, but you need to be patient. It will definitely be worth the wait Very Happy
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gangstazombie22 wrote:
4.0 is taking to long to come out! please hurry and release it!

Yes, your excellency.

In all seriousness, I'm sure that you'd rather have a relatively bug free build to play than a rushed release.
Blasto007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we are looking at all the new levels being made too. So one thing to keep in mind is that we aren;t just dealing with the levels already there and spdoom and roe. We are checking into stuff that will blow you all away. We are just as excited, but again we have to review a lot of stuff. One thing i do want to say though, is we may not catch everything, so keep ur eyes open and if it is a problem with you and a few others, then let us know. But like said, the less bugs there are, the better the playing. Exspecially the lag reduction that has been made. You won't be disappointed. Promise Wink
One other thing about vista is this. I know there are a few more, but the sercurity on it will stop a lot of things that lms does and the drivers will have to be updated. At least for me i had too. Though i feel if you already have mcafee or norton on there, things should be good enough for the vista security settings to be turned off. Just a heads up to new vista users.
See ya'll out there. Cool And thanks for everyones support. Twisted Evil
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasto007 wrote:
Though i feel if you already have mcafee or norton on there, things should be good enough for the vista security settings to be turned off.

Get something new. Now.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG blasto be sure to keep me updated! I can't wait to hear more about what is in LMS 4.0 WOOOOOO!!! LMS ROX! Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Get something new. Now.

Why bother? Vista is already so damned slow that one wouldn't really notice the effect of a few hundred bots and trojans.

Quote:
OMG blasto be sure to keep me updated! I can't wait to hear more about what is in LMS 4.0 WOOOOOO!!! LMS ROX! Take care.

ZOMG LMS 4.0 kekekekekkekekekkeke kthxbi!!!!1
Blasto007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Calimer i got ya covered buddy. Wink Be first in line to get it and you'll get my autograph too Cool
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well well, Very Happy this is good news indeed Razz .

Take care ( only 18 days remaining sir calimer Very Happy )

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

Dedistrub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been playing doom games for years and it kinda sucks that when doom 3 came out i didn't find out about LMS until years later. But, i think LMS 4.0 will relight my interest in doom 3. goodluck guys!

P.S. is the new version of the song by Neurosphere "LMS" gonna take the role as the menu theme again this time around? And is the menu GUI going to be changed or will that remain the same? Do you have any prediction as to when 4.0 will be released? If you arn't sure.. then lie to me Wink
Thanks!
herry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Man Standing Co-op 4.0 Update! Reply with quote

[quote="calimer"]As always there are a lot of exciting things going on at Last Man Standing Co-op! We are moving forward to the 4.0 release and we have a lot of neat goodies for you. Hobbes has been really working hard and doing a great job on bug fixing and adding new features. Also he made LMS 4.0 compatible with the Doom 3 patch 1.3.1! There are way too many fixes and features to list in this news post but here are some of my favorites:
* Lots of lag tweaks! Hell has been optimized and is running with a huge FPS improvement
* Ragdoll fixes. Now zombies ragdoll instead of disintegrating
* The in game scoreboard now shows the high scores so that players know how many points they need to reach the top 10 list
* A new scoring system has been added where the score for killing a monster is multiplied by the skill level to give those players playing on high skill levels more points
* Boss health is displayed

There are many more great updates to add but I want to save some room to talk about all of the great maps that are going to be included in 4.0. There is a lot of contribution from the community and combined there will over twenty new maps! The_Master has been working on optimizing many custom maps for coop such as reise reise, executive quarters, UAC: Lost Facility, Labyrinth, and Zombie Shuffle. If any mappers are interested in having their maps in LMS 4.0 please contact us! The_Master also tweaked prog_sewer and made it lag free! Check out the map that features the first boat combat for Doom 3! Alucard has been working on creating maps for the LMS gametype that feature heavy combat and intense gameplay. He has around seven maps that he is planning to contribute. I'm currently working on fixing up some of the LMS maps that didn't make it into 3.0 because of needing optimizing. Such maps include personal favorites such as Doomship and Loading Dock from the Beta 0.1 release.

In another news we now have a myspace page! Check it out at MySpace.com/PlatinumArts I have our gameplay video posted on there so if you haven't seen it yet go watch it! Also check out PlatinumArts.Net in regards to a new exciting project in the works! I want to give a huge thanks to the community for their great turnout for our LMS 4.0 wishlist. The overwhelming response certainly told us that there were a lot of people looking forward to a 4.0 release and that is all we needed to push forward. Thanks for all of your support and input! Take care and see you on the servers!
-calimer
Check out our business page
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Our MySpace Page[/quote]

Really? That's so nice. GoodGoodGood news!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: