Last Man Standing Co-op 4.0 Update!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Last Man Standing Co-op 4.0 Update! Reply with quote

As always there are a lot of exciting things going on at Last Man Standing Co-op! We are moving forward to the 4.0 release and we have a lot of neat goodies for you. Hobbes has been really working hard and doing a great job on bug fixing and adding new features. Also he made LMS 4.0 compatible with the Doom 3 patch 1.3.1! There are way too many fixes and features to list in this news post but here are some of my favorites:
* Lots of lag tweaks! Hell has been optimized and is running with a huge FPS improvement
* Ragdoll fixes. Now zombies ragdoll instead of disintegrating
* The in game scoreboard now shows the high scores so that players know how many points they need to reach the top 10 list
* A new scoring system has been added where the score for killing a monster is multiplied by the skill level to give those players playing on high skill levels more points
* Boss health is displayed

There are many more great updates to add but I want to save some room to talk about all of the great maps that are going to be included in 4.0. There is a lot of contribution from the community and combined there will over twenty new maps! The_Master has been working on optimizing many custom maps for coop such as reise reise, executive quarters, UAC: Lost Facility, Labyrinth, and Zombie Shuffle. If any mappers are interested in having their maps in LMS 4.0 please contact us! The_Master also tweaked prog_sewer and made it lag free! Check out the map that features the first boat combat for Doom 3! Alucard has been working on creating maps for the LMS gametype that feature heavy combat and intense gameplay. He has around seven maps that he is planning to contribute. I'm currently working on fixing up some of the LMS maps that didn't make it into 3.0 because of needing optimizing. Such maps include personal favorites such as Doomship and Loading Dock from the Beta 0.1 release.

In another news we now have a myspace page! Check it out at MySpace.com/PlatinumArts I have our gameplay video posted on there so if you haven't seen it yet go watch it! Also check out PlatinumArts.Net in regards to a new exciting project in the works! I want to give a huge thanks to the community for their great turnout for our LMS 4.0 wishlist. The overwhelming response certainly told us that there were a lot of people looking forward to a 4.0 release and that is all we needed to push forward. Thanks for all of your support and input! Take care and see you on the servers!
-calimer
Check out our business page
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Our MySpace Page
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey LMS Community! I just complied myself a video presenting the 8 maps I have completed so far. My Main Training Bunker map still needs to be fixed, so I'll try doing that tomorrow. The video has been uploaded in YouTube for viewing. Here's the link. Enjoy everyone! Very Happy

Alucard's LMS 4.0 Maps

EDIT: I will also try to do some lag tweaking on Eight Legged Freaks. It seems to lag a bit due to, well, multiple enemies and spiders tend to create more lag than most monsters.

Last edited by TA_Alucard on Tue May 08, 2007 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
?sToOp!d MoNk3y?
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Last Man Standing Co-op 4.0 Update! Reply with quote

calimer wrote:
As always there are a lot of exciting things going on at Last Man Standing Co-op! We are moving forward to the 4.0 release and we have a lot of neat goodies for you. Hobbes has been really working hard and doing a great job on bug fixing and adding new features. Also he made LMS 4.0 compatible with the Doom 3 patch 1.3.1! There are way too many fixes and features to list in this news post but here are some of my favorites:
* Lots of lag tweaks! Hell has been optimized and is running with a huge FPS improvement
* Ragdoll fixes. Now zombies ragdoll instead of disintegrating
* The in game scoreboard now shows the high scores so that players know how many points they need to reach the top 10 list
* A new scoring system has been added where the score for killing a monster is multiplied by the skill level to give those players playing on high skill levels more points
* Boss health is displayed

There are many more great updates to add but I want to save some room to talk about all of the great maps that are going to be included in 4.0. There is a lot of contribution from the community and combined there will over twenty new maps! The_Master has been working on optimizing many custom maps for coop such as reise reise, executive quarters, UAC: Lost Facility, Labyrinth, and Zombie Shuffle. If any mappers are interested in having their maps in LMS 4.0 please contact us! The_Master also tweaked prog_sewer and made it lag free! Check out the map that features the first boat combat for Doom 3! Alucard has been working on creating maps for the LMS gametype that feature heavy combat and intense gameplay. He has around seven maps that he is planning to contribute. I'm currently working on fixing up some of the LMS maps that didn't make it into 3.0 because of needing optimizing. Such maps include personal favorites such as Doomship and Loading Dock from the Beta 0.1 release.

Holy Cow 20 NEW MAPS! I'm impressed at all the tweaks made too, ( i can play prog_sewer without fear of drowning! (well... from the boat Very Happy)

Can't wait for more news on it!
Anonymous1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it :D

Are the Classic Doom 3 version 1.1/1.2 maps going to be used for CDoom Coop?

Play Doom 1/Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, & Final Doom online with:

Skulltag: http://www.skulltag.com

ZDaemon: http://www.zdaemon.org

My player name on Skulltag & ZDaemon is Anonymous1
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if any of you know of some great single player maps, send me a PM about them! Include a link as well if you can.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I subtracted some spiders from the Eight Legged Freaks map and the lag has cut down some, and the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed (at least at the skill I was plaing at). I also worked on the Main Training Bunker, and I believe I solved the monster problem I was having. I didn't test all of the monsters, but I believe I isolated the problem to just a few monsters and the map should be completely finished. Host/Client testing still needs to be done, but hopefully that can be done sometime soonish.

So basically speaking, I have 8 completed maps now assuming Main Training Bunker is perfectly fine. i'm currently working on Barrels O' Fun (not a re-build of the Doom 2 map). It is going to be a progression map, but it's going to take some time to finish up seeing as how I need to add decorations. So, hopefully I can finish the map so it can also be in the 4.0 release Very Happy
Blasto007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
subtracted some spiders from the Eight Legged Freaks map and the lag has cut down some, and the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed (at least at the skill I was plaing at).

lol, thats b/c you probably had it cranked up like u always have. Then u know where all the poor demons are anyway. So what chance did they stand? j/k Wink
NightWolf

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything in 4.0 looks great! I cant wait for it to come out!
I will be hosting when this comes out for sure! Razz

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I don't see where to downlaod the new 4.0 update!!! PLease help me!!! Sad Sad Sad
[CVG]Anton
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltimateD3fan wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I don't see where to downlaod the new 4.0 update!!! PLease help me!!! Sad Sad Sad

Its still being worked on ;)

Don't worry all of cannot wait for it as LMS puts out the best Coop MoD's out there in the Doom 3 community.
"(@)'(@)"***|(@)(@)**''(@)
?sToOp!d MoNk3y?
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol no, he's giveing us an update on whats going on so far. Wink Cool
UltimateD3fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh....duh. I've been looking for some way to downlaod hell anyway. When do ya think it's gunna be done?

(....\............../....)
. \....\........... /..../
...\....\........../..../
....\..../′ˉ.I.ˉ`\./.../
..../... I....I..(ˉˉˉ`\
...I.....I....I...ˉˉ.\...\
...I.....I′ˉ.I′ˉ.I..\...)
...\.....` ˉ..ˉ ′.......'
....\_________.′
.....l-_-_-_-_-_-
.....l-_-_-_-_-_

Demons there, gun here....Hhmmm.....Whats the outcome? BOOM!!! HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Juash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for this to come out!!!!!! Not only do I love lms {i play it more than the actual game Razz } but i have a new computer [vista] and it needs an admins permission to download anything, and I'm not going to waste time asking my busy dad to downolad lms 3 if theres a new one coming out.
CozmicShredder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Doh I must have fallen asleep! Reply with quote

Hey guys sounds like great news I am all in even if it means having to punch a hole in my main artery! You can always count me in just remember to give me some of that ultra virus stuff because I want to be just like Pinky when I grow up!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Juash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: when/ Reply with quote

when will lms 4.0 be out? i might not be able to go without it during this summer. Correction: I WILL NOT be able to go without it during this summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: