LMS New Release Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMTucker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm 10 eh? lets see what i can think of..hope none has been repeated
1 Noticed that at times in the second level when you hit the switch that blows away to wall to get to the Chaingun at times it doesnt work...not sure why but itd be nice if it wa sfixed Smile
2 Maybe a map....and add the map revealing item
3 More than just the first chapter of Doom! Give us all chapters!
4 Maybe some Modded weapons for the LMS Modes...like combination weapons *imagines the Mitzi from Gundams server on T2*
5 For the hell of it maybe make some new demons too! Bigger badder boss fights
6 Maybe something a little innovative...make a new Doom storyline...good place for the new demons
7 Uhm...the ability to be a female marine? O_o *shrugs* Ive seen a rp server...would add to it a bit
8 Hmm....Maybe....Team battles? Like have a Team of MArines fighting a team of human controlled Demons?
9 Possibly big fights...Kinda like your defense missions but bigger...like staged fights say EX on a castle wall holding off a seige of demons then when the walls fall the team falls back and starts defending the courtyard then the keep ect ect
10 Last...Hmm...Simply put GIVE ME A SNIPER RIFLE (not the damn plasma sniper >:O)
Stealth.Sniper
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@3: that's flaming sheep software, not the LMS team (if you're referring to cdoom).

@10: I concur! A SCOPE would be freaking AWESOME! (with perhaps a higher velocity projectile than the plasma sniper) Cool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't checked the forums lately (truth be told, this is my first time I've gotten the chance to use my computer in weeks @_@) but I read over what has been said about this topic and I just have one thing I would like to point out about what Anonymous1 said about having a random enemy generator.
Let's just say for a minute that there is an LMS 4.0. And you're playing the level Mars Underground. You just got to the part where the scientist gets zombified and everything starts going to hell. When you run up to the door where the ZSEC with a pistol should be... It would be interesting to find a different enemy there... however... I don't think it would be a good thing if when you opened that door.. he he... a Hellknight is standing there smiling at you kinda like this: Twisted Evil
So what I'm getting at is: If that idea would make it into a possible version 4.0... There should be a set amount of random entitys that can spawn per level... Unless you feel like shooting your pistol at a Hellknight at a range of 2 feet. Meh.
Or heres an even better idea: Make it so the Admin can make a list of random entitys that can spawn on the level. I can see it now... Running outside in the Mars atmosphere where there were once Revenants and now two Cyber Demons... I can picture the "wtfs!?!!?!?!?!!" flying up the screen now... ahhh yes... pwned to the max Smile
Or you may have already decided that the random enemy generator idea is stupid which basically makes everything I just said a complete waist of whoever just read this' time. In that case, I apologise but I can't give you two minutes of your life back.. sorry :/
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea definitely isn't stupid. Just not really possible, I don't think.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
Froboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: lms 4.0 Reply with quote

I think lag tweaks would be the best thing for 4.0, just tweak the hell out of lms. Im also talking moslty about sp coop tho.

It would be sweet if you added a new enemy, a sniper zombie kinda like the zsec ones but he has a sniper rifle, that would be badass.

Thats all i would want in lms 4 everyone else has stated most of the other bugs.

My name is Freddy on the servers incase u guys are wondering. I play mostly on my server. Its called FEAR. So if u guys need help testing 4.0 I could give u guys a hand.[/code]
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: lms 4.0 Reply with quote

Froboy wrote:
It would be sweet if you added a new enemy

I've actually been thinking about working on trying to get the Cacodemon to be able to spawn Lost Souls [Pain Element]. I was going to do some experimenting when I began to make the Lost Souls' Redemption map. I don't have models, so it'd look the same unless people had an idea.
^^Making it spawn Lost Souls, I believe, means that I have to work with its def_projectile. I don't care if it actually shoots out the Lost Soul from it's mouth because the Pain Element from the original Doom games did just that. So, I'll do what I can to make that all work, but don't get your hopes up.
^^Someone may have already created a Pain Element for Doom 3. I haven't checked anything.
Anonymous1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost Souls are one of the enemies that cause a lot of lag. So making the Pain Elemental from Doom 2 and having Lost Souls all over the place may be too much. You remember how laggy the Doom 3 Hell level is in the parts with Lost Souls?

Not to say that it couldn't be balanced with only having a few Lost Souls at a time.

Play Doom 1/Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, & Final Doom online with:

Skulltag: http://www.skulltag.com

ZDaemon: http://www.zdaemon.org

My player name on Skulltag & ZDaemon is Anonymous1
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lost Soul area in Hell is only laggy when the walls/portals aren't taking effect. In singleplayer, the walls behind you close so you can't run back. In LMS, one of the walls closes up and the other "closes" to keep the game from rendering the room(s) before it. However, it takes time for those to actually close, not to mention, people would have to stop running through the one wall. SP, ROE, and CDoom are lagged up more than LMS maps due to brushes, lights, emitters, triggers, etc. When I spawn about 20 Lost Souls in Radio Tower, lag is increased, yes, but it's not overwhelming and is still playable. Besides, there may be a way to limit how many Lost Souls the Cacodemon (Pain Element) can spawn.
Stealth.Sniper
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was in the original doom2 Wink
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Yeah. Except I don't think it was specifically the Pain Element being stricted, but rather the number of Lost Souls allowed in the map. I believe it's 20.
Froboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: stability Reply with quote

I think you guys should make lms more stable too Very Happy
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stable? In which way is it currently unstable?

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
Swiss Chocolate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Can't think of a lot but I do have some things I want added.

1)Freinds list would be good to add on so we can track people, so we dont have to check servers,we can just know if they are there or not.

2)A Co-op version of the Arena map would be a great thing to add,that map is fun,and if it was Co-op think of how many people would play it on LMS Mod 4.0.It a very fun map,and its very unique.

3)The Sewer's map also needs to be tweaked.On time I was fighting alone and the Cyberdemon fell into the water and died.Also another time i was playing with other people and if we fell into water and we died,we would respawn,but! we would die again cuse we respawned right over the water.Me and another guy had to wait till we got to the dock and then respawn,but the other guy just kept dying till we got further.

4)The Super Maggots also need to be stronger,because i can kill them alone and when im with other people there nothing.

Thats all i can think of right now.
Froboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure exactly in what way, but... It crashes uexpectedly sometimes.
heruncle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiss Chocolate wrote:
4)The Super Maggots also need to be stronger,because i can kill them alone and when im with other people there nothing.
Thatís why skill levels range from 0 to 5. Razz
Froboy wrote:
Not sure exactly in what way, but... It crashes uexpectedly sometimes.
Itís quite possibly your problem. The mod is stable for me as long as I donít play in a bad server (such as QnDfix and noob listen servers) and keep my video settings low. I crash more often in vanilla Doom 3 than LMS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: