LMS New Release Wishlist
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: LMS New Release Wishlist Reply with quote

We would try to get a list of at least 10 things that people would love to see in a new version of LMS. Contributions to this thread will directly result on whether or not we do another release. With how much activity we still see in the community we really want to do something extra for you as a treat, but we just want to make sure the interest level is really there, and also get some good ideas from you as to what you'd like to see. Thanks for your interesting! Take care.
-calimer

Wish List:
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Stealth.Sniper
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make some of the monsters actually run, fast at you, more realistic than walking and sulking or growling. That would be kickass if there were a few that ran at you really fast, then ran away and used ranged attacks.

I really had to think. I really don't know what I'd want in another release of LMS Arrow Arrow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! An LMS 4.0 in the future possibly? That's great news Calimer!

So what are at least 10 things I'd like to see in the next version?

These are in no particular order

1) Change the Progression Sewer level so that it is much more balanced and you're not getting killed every 5-10 seconds. I think that level has the potential to be a good level but it seems to me that the creator of that level was more focused on making a VERY HARD level instead of a balanced enjoyable level (no offence to whoever made that level).

2) In ROE Coop, maybe show how much health the final boss has remaining as you fight him

3) Use the Classic Doom 3 1.1 maps for CDoom Coop. One of the biggest improvements from 1.0 was that level 1-7 was completely remade and runs so much better. One of the biggest issues with LMS 3.0 is that level 1-7 in CDoom Coop lags like crazy on any server. I know that it was not the fault of the LMS team but more so the Classic Doom 3 team. They made the improvements in 1.1 and it really shows.

4) Get rid of telefrag deaths

5) Maybe the option to save your weapon inventory (like in the "other" coop mod) because sometimes weapons are not carried over to the next level (even sometimes for the host of a server).

6) Maybe some new maps

7) Fix this bug: In CDoom Coop, there is a bug in levels 1-4 and 1-9 with regards to the music. When hosting a listen server, those levels don't play the music properly because it seems like it loads the music a few times when the level starts and it results in overlapping. The song is basically playing twice or more times simultaneously.

8 ) I don't know if this would really be possible, but I always thought that something like a random enemy generator would make the mod's replay value even better. What I mean by a random enemy generator is a feature that you could turn on or off where at random times (any gametype and any level), a random enemy or enemies would be spawned either near you or ahead of you. It could make it more interesting for people who have played LMS a lot and know the levels and know exactly what enemies to expect and where. Wouldn't it be more fun if you didn't know what may come up next? Obviously it would probably require a lot of tweaking with the console and thinking as to how it would be configured in the options. Then again like I said, I don't know if this would really be possible.

9) A setting where only the host of a server can go into spectate mode (similar to the setting where only the host of a server can use cheats "net_serversidecheatsonly 1")

10) When LMS is exited, a temp folder that it creates "C:\Program Files\Doom 3\lms3\maps" gets automatically deleted (the maps folder). Sometimes that folder can get very big in size. Deleting it has no affect on anything because I do it all the time.

Those are 10 things I thought of for now. I may think of more. If I do, I'll add to this topic.

I would also suggest that bug testing be done with both dedicated servers and listen servers. There may be bugs on listen servers that may not be noticed or exist on dedicated servers.

Also, in the options where it says "Scan hardware for optimal video quality", quality is spelled wrong.

There's my feedback Very Happy

Play Doom 1/Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, & Final Doom online with:

Skulltag: http://www.skulltag.com

ZDaemon: http://www.zdaemon.org

My player name on Skulltag & ZDaemon is Anonymous1
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awesome list!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it up. And definitely if you have more to add feel free, 10 was just a general number. Thanks again! Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! Sweet! a 4.0! If it goes into making, I look forward to testing it.

1. Well, I think the scoring system needs to be re-arranged, as is being discussed in Hobbes Server Highscores http://lms.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2185. That may take some time to handle, though, not to mention if it's actually possible, which I'm assuming it is.

2. Some people still complain about the Hell map. So, taking the words from their mouths, I suggest, if at all possible, to somehow tweak the map so rendering is more efficient, at least in the parts that are really bad. I don't know a lot about mapping, but I know some about vis_portals. There may be a way to manipulate the map so more of those can be added.

3. Some new maps- but, uhh, that definitely takes some time to work with. If I had more mapping and coding experience, I would definitely help with such things.

4. A problem I found with the LMS in-game tips system: Sometimes, if not all the time, the tip will come up but will never go away. Maybe there's a way to fix this?

5. AHHH! wahahaha! OK! Oh my gosh! (breath) Remember how I made/make spawn training servers!?! Maybe some maps can be created explicitly designed with a couple of those simulations! The Master should have a copy of my list and what not. I can help with some description or details if necessary (and if this suggestion is taken into account).

I can't think of anymore.
Anonymous1 wrote:
I would also suggest that bug testing be done with both dedicated servers and listen servers. There may be bugs on listen servers that may not be noticed or exist on dedicated servers.

We try to do that as much as possible, but sometimes it's difficult to get two people on at the same time to test. Thanks for the heads up, though.
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-yeah, AO could use some tweaking, although it works pretty much like id wanted, crude & efficient.

-new maps ( more defs if you ask me, don't get me wrong but those progs seem to take time)

- improvements to the netcode, some maps are way too laggy (esp. sewer ), generally lms is too laggy.

- ability to play different soundtracks. ie. player

-new skins and models ( for guns eg. plasma thrower and sniper should look different and little particle enchantments).

- new enemies (new skins etc. since models are too difficult to do)

-more options to the host eg. control item spawn time, ragdolls, fall damage etc-

- maybe some weapon enchantments ( new weapons + alt. fire function )

- that client side bullet-hit-sound-bug fixed.

- more scuttlefish pics to lms ( yeah, I know there are now )

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8 ) I don't know if this would really be possible, but I always thought that something like a random enemy generator would make the mod's replay value even better. What I mean by a random enemy generator is a feature that you could turn on or off where at random times (any gametype and any level), a random enemy or enemies would be spawned either near you or ahead of you. It could make it more interesting for people who have played LMS a lot and know the levels and know exactly what enemies to expect and where. Wouldn't it be more fun if you didn't know what may come up next? Obviously it would probably require a lot of tweaking with the console and thinking as to how it would be configured in the options. Then again like I said, I don't know if this would really be possible.

in KF maps it would be blast

Quote:
1) Change the Progression Sewer level so that it is much more balanced and you're not getting killed every 5-10 seconds. I think that level has the potential to be a good level but it seems to me that the creator of that level was more focused on making a VERY HARD level instead of a balanced enjoyable level (no offence to whoever made that level).

yeah, we are talking real badass CQC, those rooms in the beginning should be bigger, a lot. and that hazardous water isn't working all the time, sometimes you take damage but if there are more people there it will not damage everyone. [/code]

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

DarkWolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, these past 2 days have been pure torture, I have a guy trying to blame me for his laptop being broken because he spilled wine into it, don't ask, and get woken up by my landlord trying to give me an offer not to move, which is not really something I want to do, but maybe I can haggle some good discounts out of him;), and then I get into work and see this post! You're going to make me cry Calimer!=)

Some of these suggestions I'd love to see, like random enemy spawns, alt fire capabilities, but I think that might be construed wrong with EMZ, more maps, and that bug with the sewer level either killing you 2 fast or not killing you at all. I'lll be back tonight with a thought out list and edit this post, but I also want to say, yes I voteed fur ya again Wink, and thank you for giving LMS another go! you guys RUL!

Kip DarkWolf
[/list]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom 3 1.3.1 support Razz
BurN
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, very good list guys. I haven't had time to read all of them but you can rest assure we will greatly consider anything posted in this topic as a possibility for 4.0. Our community means a lot to us, and thanks for the lists for those who posted so far Very Happy.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First let me say KICK A$$!

Next If Hells Kitchen can Help in anyway let us know.

As and Admin i'd like to see some admin tools, like, player tracking such as Hobbes has developed but a little more advanced.

Admin over ride on all voting

Score/ skill tracking as seen in this thread http://lms.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2185 Also, would like to see the score file extractable to a database or spreadsheet for web site posting.

A Say log that records only the say commands to track conversations, many times player will claim another is doing something that could get them banned and you need to confirm it by going thru the logs looking for any signs or conversations dealing with the accusations.

Improved default file sized skins that do not contribute to lag

Ability to set a lag limit on players if player hits limit for x period of time player is auto kicked by server.

That's all i can come up with at the moment but i will give it some good thought.

Again, any help Hells Kitchen can give it is yours.

A-1
Hells Kitchen
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-1,

You have some good ideas. I also like having more admin tools. That is why I added the player tracking code after 3.0 was released. Too many players were being smacktards and then changing their names to avoid being banned.

As for the highscores file, I can write a stand alone program that will read the highscores file and then output the data in various formats (plain text, comma delimited text, and possibly some sort of DB format). Being able to modify the file may be useful too although I don't know how many would want that feature. I am always looking for things to keep me busy when I am at work and this sounds like a good one.

The suggestion that I need more detail on is "Admin over ride on all voting". I am not sure what you mean. Is there something that should be added to g_voteflags?

There are a few bugs/features that I did not notice (or have time to work on) until after 3.0 was released. Here is my short list:
* Fix the guardian at the end of hell (The seekers spawner does not appear on the clients so new players have no idea on how to kill it.)
* Add something like a health-meter for the guardian on hell and the maledict at the end of ROE because players get frustrated because they have no idea when or if they will die.
* Definitely need to fix the lag on Hell after the first Hellknight. We will probably use XxLavaxX's idea about not opening the wall and just have the player teleport to the other side of the wall.
* The airlocks need to be fixed in SP Coop like they were in ROE Coop.
* Need to add/give more weapons to the players when they spawn on certain maps.
* I like the idea about making the default re-spawn time adjustable using a cvar.
* The lift on commoutside needs to be changed so that it does not break when players try to move it from different locations.
* Fix item pickup on ROE Coop

Hobbes
A-1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
A-1,The suggestion that I need more detail on is "Admin over ride on all voting". I am not sure what you mean. Is there something that should be added to g_voteflags?

I mean that when an Admin is playing and players vote that the admin has a veto power on the votes. Meaning he can make them 100% yes or 100% no. Or just vote as normal.

A-1
Hells Kitchen
Anonymous1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Fix the guardian at the end of hell (The seekers spawner does not appear on the clients so new players have no idea on how to kill it.)

I forgot about that one. Sometimes I have to tell clients on my server where to shoot.

Hobbes wrote:
* Definitely need to fix the lag on Hell after the first Hellknight. We will probably use XxLavaxX's idea about not opening the wall and just have the player teleport to the other side of the wall.

Yep the lag in the first section of Hell can be too much.

Hobbes wrote:
* Fix item pickup on ROE Coop

I forgot about that one too. There are some items that can't be picked up twice.

A-1 wrote:
I mean that when an Admin is playing and players vote that the admin has a veto power on the votes. Meaning he can make them 100% yes or 100% no. Or just vote as normal.

Isn't the purpose of a vote to ask "Would you all prefer this change?" rather than "I don't care what you think. When I want your opinion I'll give it to you. We're changing it to my tastes"

Play Doom 1/Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, & Final Doom online with:

Skulltag: http://www.skulltag.com

ZDaemon: http://www.zdaemon.org

My player name on Skulltag & ZDaemon is Anonymous1
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous1 wrote:
Isn't the purpose of a vote to ask "Would you all prefer this change?" rather than "I don't care what you think. When I want your opinion I'll give it to you. We're changing it to my tastes"

The server admin should have total control over how their server is being used. If they want it played a certain way when they are on it then they have that privilege.

Hobbes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: