GDC Day Three

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: GDC Day Three Reply with quote

Today was pretty eventful compared to the last two. We planned on leaving the hotel at 1:00 pm, but unfortunately Iten was about an hour late and we arrived at the IGF around 2:45. We had decided during our wait that Iten would drop us off with his machine and park the car. However, we didn't reach calm waters just yet. Unfortunately Iten's graphics card had two DVI ports and we didn't have a DVI-to-VGA adapter. Simon was able to hook us up and we finally got a display. The problems kept coming when Iten realised that his harddrives were misconfigured and had to switch around some IDE connections in order to get the computer booting up past POST. Interestingly enough, Iten also brought the wrong case panel to the IGF and thus we had to leave the tower half-open. Finally, we succesfully booted into Windows 2000 and fired up LMS as an internet listen server. A few people that were online joined up and visitors to the IGF got to witness the co-op features firsthand. Some had trouble with the Doom3 GUIs, however, as the use key seems to be overly prominent in just about every game. Overall, things went pretty smoothly until the Convention Center's network technicians noticed an incredibly large number of TCP packets being sent from our machine. Calimer downloaded some antivirus program and scanned the computer, discovering that Iten had a few trojans on his machine. Once that was fixed we rebooted and ran a thorough commandline scan that took about an hour. Obviously we didn't have a very large audience during that time period.

That's about it for today, although we're creating flyers and information packets that people can pick up at the LMS demo area.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mercykiller said it quite well in his forum post. Today was quite stressful for me to say the least. I thought we were goners a few times, haha. We do have some nice pictures though that burn will hopefully be posting for us tonight or tomorrow. It includes some pictures of "pizza dude" playing our mod. The story with him is that he ate some pizza that was outside of someone's hotel room. Also he has been chatting with us on a nightly basis about the mod as he seems to find us when we head to the lounge to do the daily updates.

We did meet up with bluewolf today too which was fun. We ate dinner with him and his wife and it was an experience to say the least. I wish we had a picture from it. We do have a picture however that bluewolf still has of us four LMS dudes packed in the back of bluewolf's car. It is definitely a picture I'm sure you all will enjoy, especially ao ;D

Tomorrow is our big day. I have our acceptance speech written up on the back of a gas station reciet that I got when I bought a bottle of powerade. I'm going to be typing it up tonight on here and doing my edits. I'm kind of sleepy so not sure how much I'll get done tonight. I hope that MTV and Spike TV do show up and interview us. I'll try to post you guys about any of that info asap when it comes to me. Well I'm going to get working on the speech. Take care and have a goodnight all.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Gen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck tomorrow.
BurN
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah definetly wish you guys good luck, and i'll be eagerly checking the froums tomorrow. glad to hear you had a better day then yesterday mercy. and good luck on the speech calimer Very Happy.

Here are pics for day 3 that Mercykiller so graciously sent over to me.

getting ready to set up the booth. calimer shows his no looking, one hand, typing skills.

downloading lms from filefront, 541kb of it per sec, very nice.

iten's hardcore rig which the booth ran on, the 25 foot lan wire was barely long enough.

after a few obstacles lms is working! yay! too bad brown jacket guy and mr. yellowish hair missed out on it.

calimer shows slight body motions of being excited as people learn about and play lms.

AO smirks at the camera while no one else notices calimers split zombie personality... at all.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures guys. I like the facial expressions on Calimer in a few of them.
Hobbes
Skutarth
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he keeps looking like that, he'll get his face stuck like that (assuming it isn't already stuck like that).
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahha very nice calimer Surprised
nice setup in there
Nicemice
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo, Calimer is going mad. Thats fun.
DarkWolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Good Luck Reply with quote

Best of luck to you all out there,wish I could be demoing it for people, but why didn't someone check the computer before taking it to the event??=)

Kip DarkWolf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spunky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm calimer...why you want to eat the man? he won't be able to play the best mod ever anymore if you do that.
rooster nut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope more and more people will start knowing LMS
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to be back in Norway, everything went well.
spunky wrote:
hmmmm calimer...why you want to eat the man? he won't be able to play the best mod ever anymore if you do that.

One thing i learned is that Calimer is crazy. In a good way though. He also has this huge appetite for food which is scary at first, i assume it's because he's vegetarian, but he denies!
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ao come on, you already knew I was crazy ;D haha, just now you got to see first hand. Also about the fast eating, I was always like that, you can ask my friends, they would be glad to share stories! Take care and glad to see that you made it back okay AO.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Gen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S3KR3T VID30 F00TGE OV C4LIMR 34TINK A C0MP00T3R FUR SALE!11!!!11!LOL!!!1!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: