Last Man Standing Competition/Tournament
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Last Man Standing Competition/Tournament Reply with quote

Hi, I have been in talks with http://htgn.net/ about hosting some LMS competitions/tournaments and he wants me to gather together some ideas about "what types of competitions are possible" and "game specific/competition specific rules" so I'm interested to know what kind of competition scenarios you guys wuold be interested in! Let me know. Oh yeah as a note hardcore has been removed since it was not working 100% properly. Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well how about a last man standing match Razz

most obvious is to have one of the 1-room killfest maps and a monster spawning script that does not repeat (gets harder and harder, ie up to bosses and those freaking super maggots) and not spawn in any health. perhaps give the players a few rounds each in the room alone, maybe teams of 2 or 3 could compete in the bigger maps. give a time of 10 minutes and see who has the highest score at the end. as a way to organize, people can be given time slots for one out of a few servers and when their time starts, judges join as spectators and watch.

jsut for fun there could be a "Rocky" server where people see how long they can last against zombies and imps using only fists Very Happy
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good tournament-esque KF maps are lockedin, chambers, commandoattack, ancientruins, etc. Pretty much anything with an open/symmetrical layout is good.

Fortcomp and tunnel work in a similar fashion, nice and simple.
[SHU] Z.A.O.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize but I cannot participate in this due to the fact im still without a gfx card that can support doom. But im sure Ekarus can still participate.
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input, [SHU] Z.A.O. It is absolutly crucial that we know.
Gen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Yes it is. Also, what about a race to the end of a kf level? Like have a couple of referees as spectators. Or have the whole true Last Man Standing thing.
Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just a competition of who will get the highest score Razz
on all Lms maps

'There is no God, The only god that exist is the godcheat'

http://www.lmsmd.moddb.com/
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can play on our own servers, since lag can ruin your games easily

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can play on SUPERSERVERS with a hell of a internet connection and a hell of a Gpx card,and a hell of a Cpu and a hell of a memory

OH MY G0D!

'There is no God, The only god that exist is the godcheat'

http://www.lmsmd.moddb.com/
TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking forward to a LMS competition for a while. I'd like to test my wits against people instead of monsters. Though I can do that on Doom 3/Roe deathmatches, I'd like to challenge the LMS community Cool
Master
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would not mind fighting other lms ppl or fighting zombies it will be fun if we could just have just a zombie map server with 20 - 30 zombies coming after 2-8 players and we only get fists,chainsaw, and machine gun

8-x when is the time and place to kill 8-x
in game name:\_TA_/ Leviathan
"Those who anger you are your Master"
DarkWolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to get this version on my computer!!!! I've lost my internet for awhile, but I'll be checking the site to see if I'll have internet by the time the matches become fully developed and settled on. I just wanted to say, maybe have a longer sort of competition, where you have 2/3 people play specific SP COOP levels, each team plays for one night and has to complete certain levels. It would drag out the competition some, but I think it would be an interesting idea. LMS as is is a great competition format, but SP COOP, now that sounds like a fun competition!=)
Anywayz, Great job to all, when I'm online I'll be hosting once again, and I can't wait to find out what's next for everyone involved in LMS. Thanx again for keeping me up til 4am playing Doom 3! =)

Kip DarkWolf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may not be the best thing to do, DarkWolf. If we make the competition so long that it takes a couple of hours just to complete, some people will not be able to participate since they will not have enough time to sit in front of their computer for that long playing LMS.

If there was really going to be an SP Coop competition, it should probably take place in only one level that is filled with demons. Contestants could be judged on how many monsters they kill, and how much time it took them to get through the level.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
DarkWolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to The Master Reply with quote

Exactly, it could be just one level. I was just thinking why not have the tournament based around the mod instead of a particular game type. Personally, I love this mod above any other. EMZ is a great mod, as well as all the other mods for Doom 3. I just haven't noticed as much of a dedicated fan base for a mod unlike this one. We could have different tournaments for each gametype. Possibly, who can kill 100 demons the quickest, who can clear a level quickest, then break it up to cover teams as well. God, all the different tournaments types LMS could use is making me go threw withdrawl right now =). Anywayz, *mops up drool* I'd love to participate. I also kinda wonder what's next for LMS as is, without any updates except for patches. Well, either way, thanx again for all your hard work and thanx for helping me pass the time at work.

Kip DarkWolf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
odd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh what the heck i'll do it but i'm not a A player I just go around shooting, keep moving, reload, and probably die but I can help as much as I possiably could.

behold the lyoko matrix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: