Beta Testing for LMS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Join the Last Man Standing Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would not mind becoming a beta tester i have alot of time on my hands just after i get out of school but what other things do you guys look for in a beta tester.
I WONDER WHAT GORDANS WIFE THINKS ABOUT HIM GETTING RIPPED APART BY A HELL KNIGHT ROFL Exclamation
in game name:\_TA_/ Leviathan
"Those who anger you are your Master"
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned many times, you can not just ask to be a beta tester and expect to become one. You must show that you are active, and can make good bug reports. The latter was not shown very well in the LMS 2.0 Bug Reporting Thread by you. Be more descriptive, explain what the exact conditions were when the bug happened, and things like that.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
Skutarth
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
As mentioned many times, you can not just ask to be a beta tester and expect to become one. You must show that you are active, and can make good bug reports. The latter was not shown very well in the LMS 2.0 Bug Reporting Thread by you. Be more descriptive, explain what the exact conditions were when the bug happened, and things like that.

Eh. I tried that.
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we do not like you, so no matter how hard you work at it you will never be a tester.

Just kidding... I guess Razz

c.m.6
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who ask to join should also be mature enough to handle the task, if you think about it, this is like your job (except i dont know if you get paid) and im pretty sure if you dont do well, they will kick you off the team.

Currently playing:
Call of Duty Half-Life 2 DM
Call of Duty 2 and more..
Call of Duty 4
Counter Strike:Source
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously we don't pay people to test LMS. Getting fairly up to date releases is quite enough payment! Smile
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree MercyKiller. I think I should be payed 20 dollars a week for my services. I will report LMS to the authorities if I do not see money for my past work in my paypal within three days. By the way, the balance due is about 1,080 dollars by now. Pay up, calimer!

TA_Alucard
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey. I joined this forum late December, and now I'm a Beta Tester. If you would like to see how I became one, in terms of bug reporting, check the LMS 2.0 bug reports. See how I gave my reports and see if you can do similar reports. However, try not to repeat bugs over and over again.
Also, I developped a friendship with Hobbes by playing his server a lot and conversing with him, via his server. It's not just about bug reporting. You have to be able to be trusted and liked to become one. I was actually surprised when Hobbes asked me if I wanted to be one, but knowing the contributions and relations I made, I understood why. Think about that when you're considering becoming a tester.
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and it is also good to be helpful in the forums. That gets you a lot of "brownie points", haha.

Alucard has helped quite a bit in the forums with answering questions, and that is just another reason to add to all of the others for why he is now a tester.

Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alucard was absolutely correct with his post. There is no one thing that you do that will allow you to become a tester. It is more a combination of many different things. Some things that I look for are:

Longevity - If you just joined the forums or just started playing the mod, it is unlikely that you will become a tester now. I have been asked by many players if they can become one and most of them I never see again and there have been players that I wanted to ask about becoming a tester but they just seem to disappear and are not seen again.

Ability to report bugs - If we see posts like "That map with the imps needs to be fixed" or "The chaingun does not work" then it is unlikely that you will become a tester. We need people that will give detailed reports which include which map you were on, gametype being played, were you the server or a client, a good description of the bug, and if possible how to recreate it.

Attitude - How you conduct yourself in the forums, IRC, and servers is a big part of it too. If we don't think we can trust you or rely on you, that will work against you.

I am not making this post to discourage people, it is meant as a guideline for what is needed to become a tester. Most, if not all of the current testers were asked by us to become one, they did not ask.

Hobbes
Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you mean that we should report bugs by posting bugs like this:

"Well i have binded the Cliendropweapon to backspace, wich will drop the current weapon and I had binded the key W to go forward to pick it up again
and then i get that weapon back + more ammo. And i dont want this bug to be fixed cus im a good cheater n00b.
(This bug works in all maps and game modes)"

Question Question

'There is no God, The only god that exist is the godcheat'

http://www.lmsmd.moddb.com/
Master
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but at times it is hard to describe where the bug is if there is no location name like single player and don't fix ammo glitch saves alot of time when playing
in game name:\_TA_/ Leviathan
"Those who anger you are your Master"
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not say that we needed to know the exact coordinates of your location. We need to know map name, gametype, client or server, and any other info that is important to the bug.

Hobbes
Sgt.Sanders
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'd play alot more if THERE WERE ACTUALY SERVERS TO PLAY ON!

every time i go to multiplayer ansd try to find a server i always find 1 or 2 OC_Dooms or hobbes server which i cannot join....data not in sync with Server data?
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting "Data Not In Sync" messages when trying to connect to my server then it is your game that is the problem. I am not running any special files that would cause that and nobody else is having the problem.

Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Join the Last Man Standing Team All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: