1.0 Official Released!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: 1.0 Official Released!! Reply with quote

Well here it is! Our first Official release of the mod! If you have not checked out our mod before, this is definitely the version to try! There are new maps, new weapons, tons of features, tons of bug fixes, so much stuff! Check out the readme for more details of the changes in this release.

Download the Windows Version here

Download the Multiplatform Version here

If those don't work you can download from Gamers Hell here

Please read our FAQ

Please report bugs here

Some key highlights include:
* PDA is fixed!!
* Sound problems are fixed
* Weapon animation problems are fixed
* Inventory and armor/health carries over on SP coop maps
* New highscore system where servers keep track of the top 10 highest scores for each map
* Server admins can ban players for a specified amount of time or indefinitely (new commands are lms_banPlayer, lms_removeBan and lms_listBannedPlayers + the si_banContact CVAR)
* Player names can be displayed above their heads
* New messages when the player is killed
* Added new cvar lms_servermotd for a custom message of the day for server admins
* New Maps Prog_Bunker and Def_Radiotower
* New Music Legacy of Rust by Skaven and Never Again by Opaque
* New weapons the PlasmaSniper and Wrench (wrench replaces the fists in LMS Mod)
* Most guis are now synched on the clients
* Many lag tweaks
* New spawnpoints on the SP maps that prevent telefragging
* The create server menu now has checkbox to enable PunkBuster.
* 4 new player skins! The skeleton, head stump, skeleton head and berserk skin.
* Many of the reliable messages overflow errors are gone
* Playing audio log icon remained on screen after audio stopped playing
* si_skill 3 now works
* Vote text now appears on screen when playing SP COOP
* Clients will now see what they are picking up in the hud (weapons, ammo)
* Invisible wraiths are fixed

And many more!

Progression: Bunker Reflux

Defense: Radiotower

---------------------
Take care and see you on the servers!
-calimer
http://lms.d3files.com
irc.OFTC.net channel #lms-mod

Check out our business page

Our Mod Database Page: http://mods.moddb.com/3871/
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: LMS ROCKS!!! Reply with quote

LMS ROCKS !!!!!!' Razz Razz Razz Twisted Evil
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what herr_virus said!!!! times 10!!!!

EDIT: after playing for about 2 hours without noticing time, i can say that LMS has been improved greatly. altho the lag was bad on more than 3 people, at 2-3 it was AWESOME. no lag, jsut like sp, really great action. also, the maps in LMS got some nice facelifts. good work Very Happy

Last edited by Corrupt Chocula on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH Very Happy

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

BeeJaY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote

That sounds excellent!

couple of questions though:

1) Do the monsters now have death animations? I read that taking them away reduces lag (why?). It's just that my brother refuses to play it until they are put back in because he feels they add a lot to the atmosphere. Is it that they take up lots of cpu? because if so, i'm sure my brother's amd64 4800+ could handle it Razz.

2) Sorry for asking this - i'm not sure what features were included in previous releases, but do the players spawn with a set number of weapons (apart from pistol) depending on what part of the game they are up to?

If the answer is no to the above questions then i'll make a request/suggestion that they be included as on option.

All in all though, congrats to the lms team and nicemice for being such champions/geniuses in showing dedication to the doom3 community.
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1) Do the monsters now have death animations? I read that taking them away reduces lag (why?). It's just that my brother refuses to play it until they are put back in because he feels they add a lot to the atmosphere. Is it that they take up lots of cpu? because if so, i'm sure my brother's amd64 4800+ could handle it Razz.

argh... you just don't get it don't you? Wink . how many times lms team has stated that that RAGDOLLS ( I assume that you mean them ) aren't disabled because of the CPU usage (partial reason though). Ragdolls are disabled because they cause excessive amount internet trafic, now if you think "I can live with that" no you can't. I noticed that normal doom server sends over 600 MB of data to clients and receives about same amount from clients and this happens in month or two . no wonder why it lags

So it wouldn't be cool to activate ragdolls just that you can notice "oh we were wrong". instead maybe that amount of data should be optimize and reduced.

and heres undeniable fact (since you are going to say that HL2 has ragdolls why not doom 3) HL 2 has Havok ( it owns ) and doom 3 something else ( won't own ). Doom physics engine isn't optimized for network play I guess, so theres no telling if we ever going to get ragdolls Confused .

you stated something about those Death animation ( they aren't ragdolls ) they could solve the problem but I guess its difficult to do :roll:

to lms team, if you don't active ragdolls ( good idea ) and won't do death animations, you should do better effect than disintegration.

mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing:

Quote:
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch has ragdoll of a complexity many times greater than Doom 3. Ragdoll in multiplayer is nothing new. Even if it can't be made purely clientside, I don't see why it couldn't be optional for LAN games.

Quote:
..and doom3 has higher average network traffic, due to the engine's complexity (netcode is not stellar, either). Some stuff has to be dropped, and ragdolls are simply not important enough to put up with the side-effects.

Quote:
did you listen at all? Wink

sorry for being offensive towards you Sad . but people don't seem to understand that ragdolls aren't first priority

MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: sweet Reply with quote

BeeJaY wrote:
That sounds excellent!

couple of questions though:

2) Sorry for asking this - i'm not sure what features were included in previous releases, but do the players spawn with a set number of weapons (apart from pistol) depending on what part of the game they are up to?

If the answer is no to the above questions then i'll make a request/suggestion that they be included as on option.

All in all though, congrats to the lms team and nicemice for being such champions/geniuses in showing dedication to the doom3 community.

Ragdolls, no. We've thought of doing run-o-the-mill death animations or a cool disentigration effect (think protoss in starcraft) before, but that really isnt our first priority. Not sure what you mean with the second question, but in 1.0 the weapon loadout at the end of a level is saved and the players spawn with the weapons they had at the end of the last level. This feature is new. Thanks for the nice note, BTW. The community owns.

@MiXa
Havok does own. I want it. But I can't have it because it costs a ton of money. So I download the Doom 3 SDK. I've got a solid amount of physics code...yay! Razz
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MiXa
Havok does own. I want it. But I can't have it because it costs a ton of money. So I download the Doom 3 SDK. I've got a solid amount of physics code...yay! Razz

I guess havok can be licensed to corps only, not individuals Razz. dunno for sure. yeah its frigging expensive, I know that.

Good luck with solid amount of physics code. Wink

BeeJaY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: heheh Reply with quote

heheh I knew I was striking a nerve when I asked about ragdoll, I read the FAQ and release notes and thought i'd post a question - my bad.

yeh like i'm not gonna debate engines or anything - the lms team works with what they've got.

Personally i'm ok with the lack of ragdoll because I noticed such a huge difference in lag between this and opencoop 2.0 when joining my brother's listen server. I don't know why the lack of ragdoll pisses him off so much but there it is.

So are you saying that even on a lan it is still more to do with network traffic? I find that hard to believe - I pretty much concluded it was cpu when I got the same amount of lag from a dedicated server I created and joined from my own computer (opencoop 2.0).

I'll take your word for it but i'm just kinda curious.

@Mercykiller: no worries cobba, you blokes did a good job - having just played it for a while, i'm very impressed - with the ability to save the game it'd be perfect.
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The effects of physics and network traffic are most noticable over the internet.

Might wanna ask AO about the save feature, since I really have no idea about the feasability of that.
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to see if you need a better CPU when running a dedicated server. If CPU reaches 100% a lot then clients will get lot of lag.

The saving of persistent data has some issues we're gonna have to fix for next release.
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. my comp ( barton 2600@3000+, 1024 MB , Radeon 9800 pro ) starts to choke on 4 player on LMS mode and about 3 players in sp coop. doom is really cpu hungry, keep that in mind.

The5thHorseman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job I really loved it.
Doom3 is starting to have the Doom 95 feeling agin.
I apprecaite all the hard work that went into this mod.
you did the job Id software forgot to do.

keep up the good work.
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, the mod will only get better. We're trying to focus on they key issues to make the mod more fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: