Official Beta 0.3 Bug Reporting Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:
on door code entry you have to tap very lighty on the fire key or it spams the numper you hit more than once... it needs a delay between digits

This has been fixed, it was a problem with the gui.

The map Hell1 lags the most out of all the SP maps. I think some of it has to do with doors that I keep open that used to lock behind the player. I may change them to open and close as the player approaches them. The most lag is around the floating rock bridge and if you look at the map you will see that there is a clear line of sight through about 4 rooms and the outside. That is too much for the game to render so your framerate will drop.

Hobbes
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think the hell map lag is really a fps issue ..

i run a dedicated server..and you teleport backwards on some points from the net lag as the client and serv are not in sync..

most of the lag is where you fight the lost souls across the walkway where you can fall and in the room just after it

and thats on lan side i would hate to see what it is like on the internet
side

maybey some of this will be better whenever id releases the 1.3 patch as its supposed to have better net code

maybey we could try doing the doors with a player trigger like you spoke of to help for now

if you would like to do a test you can reach my msn or email at Wizard_76_@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When playing and getting killed and coming back, my MP name changes to an underscore. I've seen this happen in LMS and SP Co-op.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When playing, sometimes I get zoomed and can't get back. Have to disconnect and reconnect too continue play.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When playing MP, sometimes the other player's weapon doesn't show, even though I ask him and he says he is using one.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
When playing and getting killed and coming back, my MP name changes to an underscore. I've seen this happen in LMS and SP Co-op.
I have not seen this happen while on a level. This will happen sometimes during a map change. I think I read in the code that the player's name will be changed if it begins with a number or if it is blank. This happens with regular Doom3 and was not introduced with LMS.

Guest wrote:
When playing, sometimes I get zoomed and can't get back. Have to disconnect and reconnect too continue play.
I have no idea what you mean with this. Maybe you can elaborate more.

Guest wrote:
When playing MP, sometimes the other player's weapon doesn't show, even though I ask him and he says he is using one.
This is most likely the pda lost animation bug.

Hobbes

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play some more and try to be more specific on the bugs that I find.

For a version that is 0.3 it is working pretty good. Kudos to the developers.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: problems Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
<snip>

1. my graphics were acting up as in everybody on SP missions had a line running down the center of them, one side brighter, the other darker. I have catalyst 5.3 with a 9800 pro and i was playing on 800x600 medium settings.

<snip>

I saw a problem just like you describe on an ATI card yesterday. The way I fixed it, was to change the Quality setting under the display options (it hand been medium, I switched it to low). After exiting/reentering, the problem was gone. I then switched quality back to medium, exited/reentered the game, and the problem was now resolved on medium quality. It probably doesn't matter what quality settings you use--just force the game to reapply the quality settings. Prior to adjusting the quality, other things I tried, like changing resolution or the advanced graphics settings, were not helping.

BTW, Radeon 9700 Pro, Catalyst 4.10. The problem was just as you describe--a blatant divider line on character models separating the shaded side from the lighter side.

On a separate note (first post here), most of the bugs I've run into I've seen others write about. Setup: 2 computers on LAN, playing SP Coop. Doom 3 v 1.1, no ROE, LMS 0.3. I've run into the attacking sentry bot (fixed by setting team=Red), client seeing my character as ice-skating, client seeing my character holding PDA all the time instead of holding a gun (I see these have been mentioned already). Also, client cannot see his own weapon onscreen most the time, though he can fire. This was on Mars City->Administration (playing sequentially).

Things that I didn't see others mention--but maybe I just overlooked the posts: client cannot hear NPC speech when either I click the NPC to Talk, or the client clicks the NPC to talk. Client cannot view mini-videos (like the TV in the kitchen in Mars City, or other propaganda videos playing in game). Client only sees a blank blue screen on the TV but can hear the TV speech. Also, on Mars Underground, at the entrance to the decompression tunnel just before you go outside for the first time (on the way to the Comm facility before hell breaks loose), there is a black cube floating in the air. I saw this on the server; don't know if client saw it or not.

The client also complained that in the elevator at the beginning of Mars Underground, his PDA would be in his face at start of map, making it hard to leave elevator before doors closed. At a later point (forgot the map, sorry-either Mars City Revisit or Administration), his PDA kept popping up into his face when he was not standing on a PDA spawn. He had to toggle weapons repeatedly to get it to stop.

Nice progress on the mod though!

-Iguana
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iguana,

Thanks for the post.

I will answer your questions as best I can.

Not hearing the npc talking
We are aware of this and it has not been fixed yet. Still working on some other bugs but it is on the list of things to do.

Not seeing the videos on screen
Once again we are aware of this but not fixed yet.

Black box outside airlock on mc_underground
This was from the way I modified the map. I did not recompile it so that black box appears. The broken airlock was causing problems blocking the player so I added in a trigger to move the spawn when they return back to the exit. I need to rework it better so that it is not there.

Start of mc_underground
The reason that the pda appears when you spawn onto mc_underground was that the pda is a target for that info_player_start. This is the way that ID had this map setup. For the next release the code was changed to not display the pda screen with your first pda. It was very annoying being in battle and you accidentally pick one up and you get the pda screen. Also the players will be given the personal pda when they spawn so that they will be able to listen to audio logs from the subsequent pda's that are picked up.

The door closing on the players at the start of mc_underground has also been fixed. The doors will now open for the player when they walk up to them. No more getting stuck in the beginning. (This is also fixed on recycling2 and cpuboss)

Thanks again for the bug reports.

Hobbes

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes,

Thank you for the feedback. I rather figured this stuff was known, but I just couldn't find any mention of it in this bug thread or elsewhere (again, I may have just overlooked it :/ )

Looking forward to 0.4!

-Iguana
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the next release we are talking about other ways to make the bug list and FAQ more accessible. Right now you have to read through many different posts to get all of the information.

Hobbes
HarlequinsCrest

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Enemies dont move Reply with quote

I got a sort of bug since v0.2.
On evry map i start,the spawned enemies dont move or attack me until i wounded them a bit ( pistol shot or something weak).....
I'd really like to get some moving enemies Smile
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop down the console and type in
Quote:
ui_team red
Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Beta 0.3 Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Empty or InValid Ad file

Mod Database Top 100

Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop .:. Copyright Platinum Arts LLC