Earth's Core - Revelation 666

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corvey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Earth's Core - Revelation 666 Reply with quote

Greetings to all,

I have risen from the depths of HELL to reunite with your souls!! It's 2010 and my PC radiates heat with a hell like environment - I'm ready for the revolution of Satan... A reunion is in order for all demons, spirits, and lost souls to tango with the almighty himself...

I have been a to hell and back. But, before I go back to hell, I recall a severe problem with multiplayer a couple of years ago with the non-ability to use COM_FIXEDTIC 1 in multiplayer. This console command makes the game butter smooth for my hardware by synching the FPS right at 60hz without the ticking (VSYNC is on, thus 60 FPS anyway). Same goes for Quake 4 as it's basicly the same engine - the problem is with multiplayer. It seems as though ID Software doesn't allow tampering with the framerates during multiplayer and it ruins the experience I have because I cannot play it without "ticking", unless COM_FIXEDTIC 1 is on. Obviously I have no problems in singleplayer when I use this command. I am hoping that there is a cheat to bypass this so that I can play in absolute bliss and not truely suffer in all of eternity via ID Software's STUPID idea to omit this from multiplayer. If you know of a solution, please let me know.

I'm doing OK, how about you, Calimer? I hope the rest of the gang is doing well and I really hope to coordinate an online reunion party someday with all of you. I have yet to play LMS 4.0 as I've been away for a couple of years, but I look forward to seeing it in action. Hopefully I can get a solution for the only problem I can think of with the game before a reunion happens.

Twisted Evil ,
corvey
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I have never heard of that command. How can it be so powerful? And nice to hear from you! I think an online LMS reunion would certainly be possible because I still talk to a lot of the community. Perhaps we can have some special gaming event with it too, like a few minutes to catch up and then we jump on a server and go nuts! Take care Very Happy
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
corvey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calimer,

Yes, I have an ATI 4870x2 video card which is basically a crossfire solution in one card (even disabling it in Catalyst doesn't solve the problem). It has something to do with the video rendering and/or alternating the frames. ID didn't anticipate this new generation beast for multiplayer when they imposed an exact and strict 60 fps cap. In order for my hardware to play nice with this game engine, I must have "com_fixedtic 1" enabled to smooth it out. With this command, single player plays smooth as silk with all settings maxed. Unfortunately, ID's dumb idea to ban this command in multiplayer has rendered the game patheticly bad with frame skipping. So, if possible, it would be awesome if there was a hack to enable this option for multiplayer. If anyone knows how, please tell me. It might be possible to host your server and allow it with a cheat or something, I just don't know how.

Yeah, we should try to shoot for a holiday like Halloween or Thanksgiving to get together and shoot'em up. Is there still an active chat channel, and if so, what is the link to get to it?
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

net_allowcheats 1 is how to turn on cheats. The server host and/you if you're hosting could turn in cheats so you can enable that and then turn it off. Worth a shot to see if it works Very Happy Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
corvey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that doesn't work, Calimer. I'm on a totally new system this year with the same exact issue. Now that Doom 3 is open source, can any of you compile Doom 3 to allow "com_fixedtic 1" to work in multiplayer? It's a stuttering piece of crap without this command available This command has only been restricted in multiplayer and has also ruined Quake 4 multiplayer, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: