Alternative levels in Doom 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberdemon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Alternative levels in Doom 3 Reply with quote

Hi there guys. I have the lastest version of Last Man Standing mod. However, on some co-op servers I've noticed alternative levels (different levels to the original). It was still following the same Doom 3 storyline but some of levels were changed. At the part where you normally fight Saboath there was instead some kind of partially invisible Cyberdemon (you do not need soul cube to kill him)! Saboath appeared in the game earlier than what he normally would. On other unfamiliar levels there were some tank monsters. They looked like the mutated sergeant kelly but they were smaller, weaker and without bfg's. And after completing these levels there were messages appearing on the screen, very reminiscent of classic doom, and the doom 3 song was playing in the background!

Does anyone here know about this, and if so, is there any way I can aquire these alternative levels?
heruncle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you described are custom maps that were created by Kaiser, and they are original maps instead of modified campaign levels. They come with LMS4.0 so you already have them, and that's why you were able to play them. In case you want to host a server on them, they are listed under the LMS Mod gametype (even though they play like SP Coop).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: