cant create a server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alias3r

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: cant create a server Reply with quote

No matter what i do, i cannot create a server. I have freed all the ports up, and tried adding the "set net_port etc.." to the target line on the doom 3 shortcut.

I have also freed up doom3ded as well to exception list.. idk what is wrong. nothign seems to work. One of the members on here has already tried to help me.
[CVG]Anton
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some more info on this, as I was helping with trying to get the server running as a dedicated and playable one.

alias3r set is he uses a Laptop connected via wireless to his router.

Port 27666 is open as TCP and UDP on firewall and router.
Port 27650 is open as TCP and UDP on firewall and router.

I can't remember specifically where I read about this but wasn't there something about Doom 3 server via a wireless connection?
"(@)'(@)"***|(@)(@)**''(@)
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: cant create a server Reply with quote

I have also freed up doom3ded as well to exception list.. idk what is wrong. nothign seems to work. One of the members on here has already tried to help me.

Hmm? You mean doom3.exe, right? If you added anything else but doom3.exe to the exception list, that could still be your problem.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
alias3r

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: cant create a server Reply with quote

[quote="The Master"]I have also freed up doom3ded as well to exception list.. idk what is wrong. nothign seems to work. One of the members on here has already tried to help me.

Hmm? You mean doom3.exe, right? If you added anything else but doom3.exe to the exception list, that could still be your problem.[/quote]

no, doom3ded.

browse through your doom3 folder and it will be in there.

This is what one of your LMS people told me to try. believe me, we've tried every combination possible
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running a dedicated server? That exe is there to launch the console to run servers, but if you are launching your server in-game and playing in it, you only need DOOM3.exe allowed.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
alias3r

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we tried both dedicated and nondedicated.

this problem goes back to when i had Red Alert 2 i think. I could never create a server. After everyone would load up it would bring everyone back to main screen.
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have run into the same problem cant make a server. i tried everything.... still nothing
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i played in dedicated mode in 27666 but never could figure out how to put it in non dedicated lol. only problem im having now
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try creating a server in game now Smile All of the settings that made your dedicated server should stick so that you can make a listen (in game) server. Best of luck, take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um it says connected to local host when i go to create a listen game on it. dedicated works fine i cant get it off local host when i go to create a server on listen it gives me a different ip instead of 192.168.1.1.22[/quote]
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you might want to think about doing is making a copy of whatever .bat file you were using to start your dedicated server. Then go into that copy of the bat file and change doom3ded.exe to doom3.exe Now click on that new .bat file and you should be all set Smile Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
jessicabaldick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="calimer"]What you might want to think about doing is making a copy of whatever .bat file you were using to start your dedicated server. Then go into that copy of the bat file and change doom3ded.exe to doom3.exe Now click on that new .bat file and you should be all set Smile Take care.
-calimer[/quote]

did that it says localhost did i do it right it says whatever the ip is then some wording and authed when i do heartbeat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: