No Show Server

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 3.5 Official Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyedoca

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: No Show Server Reply with quote

I know you have answered this question but my game does not show on server after creating it. Trying to create a SP coop game on internet. I have Vista Home. I tried typing heartbeat, opening both 27666 ports, alowing doom3 and doom3ed.exe on the exception list, and turned off the firewall. Both of my playing partners have also tried with the same results. I can join other games just fine but cannot create one. Was so looking forward to playing and am frustrated. Any help would be appreciated! Cool
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What message does it give when you heartbeat? Also what firewall do you have? If it is norton, that firewall is famous for still being active even when you have it disabled. Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
eyedoca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying! I am just using the windows firewall that I know of. I have an antivirus program called AVAST. I turned both of them off and still can't get my game to show on server list. The game starts ok but I'm the only one there. No one else can see the game to join. I can join other listed games in progress and so can my buddies but none of us can get a game listed. There is no message when I used heartbeat it just started a game as usual but my buddies don't see it listed and the same when they try to create a game. In essence we can create games they just aren't showing up on server list.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartbeat will definitely give a message. It will say it is sending to the master server or it will say it is a lan server. Check in your console. Also you might want to try net_lansever 0 This is just in case it is setting it as a lanserver for some reason. Also try using our included .bats for starting a server. Take care.
-calimer
Visit our Moddb Page
eyedoca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calimer,
Thanks for your patience. I really don't know much about the technical aspects of doing this. When you asked what message I got when I heartbeat I thought you just type word heartbeat where it says "CONSOLE PASSWORD" I didn't know about the alt, ctrl ~ thing. Do I type heartbeat into the console after I start my game. I did that and it said "sending heartbeat to 192.246.40.244:27650" We would really like to play this coop game since there are so few. Any chance on some simpler instructions for a non technical game player? Laughing
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest way would be to click on one of our bat files and load up the server that way, for example lmsmod_ded_server.bat This will create a dedicated server but should be good still for testing if you can see it in the game list. It uses our .cfg file so all the guesswork should be taken out of it. As long as you have your port 27666 free (UDP and TCP I believe) you should be good to go. BTW if you have norton, that could be your prob. Take care.
-calimer
Visit our Moddb Page
eyedoca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this will be the last question. Where do I find that Bat file to click on?
eyedoca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did find the bat file. When I click on it it then shows a blue screen, loads a bunch of stuff, and then leaves me with the blue screen labeled Doom 3 and a flashing cursor at the bottom. Now what? How do I now go from there, to playing the sp coop game with two other people online. Told you I'm no techie!
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's called a dedicated server. It is actually a LMS server, but not one that you are directly playing. You can actually load up Doom 3 and join your own dedicated server. When you are both a server and playing on it, it is then called a listen server. The reason I wanted you to execute that bat is so that it would use our settings. When the dedicated server is loaded you should have your friends (and/or you) see if you can see it in the server list. If not, then something is still blocking that 27666 port. If so, then you should be all set to create a listen server. Take care.
-calimer
Visit our Moddb Page
eyedoca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again thanks for your patience. So here goes.
1. click on lmsmod_ded_server.bat and this will start a server.
2. now boot up doom3
3.click on load mod and then click on lms mod.
4. click on multiplayer
5. click on join game
6. when the list of servers comes up, how do I know if one of them is the dedicated server started in step one. wht name will it be under since I applied no name
8. or do I have to create a game and if so, how do I do that through the server we started in step one?
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will have this name:
LMS.d3files.com 3.5 Coop Server

Also if you click on it, it will have your IP. If you wish to change the name of the server just go to your lms3.5 folder and open up lmsmodserver.cfg with a text editor. Change the name in the appropriate spot. Take care.
-calimer
PS if you want come in our IRC sometime so we can help you in real time and look for the server ourselves. The chatroom is irc.oftc.net #lms-mod or you can go to http://lms.d3files.com/irc/irc.html
Visit our Moddb Page
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 3.5 Official Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: