Does ID care more about Quake 4 than Doom 3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which do you think is the best FPS modding platform?
Quake 4
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Quake 3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Half Life 2
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Doom 3
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

Doom/Quake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Does ID care more about Quake 4 than Doom 3? Reply with quote

I just found it kind of interesting that Id Software decided not to make anymore content for Doom 3 once so ever, but their releasing all these map packs and patches for Quake 4. The thing I don't understand about this is there is more people that play Doom 3 than Quake 4 just by looking at the number of servers up, then even the reviews said Doom 3 was better. I just dont understand why Id was so quick to almost disown a successful game like Doom 3, to make patches and content for Quake 4, which was a success but not nearly on the scale of that of Doom 3. Even with all the extra content with Quake 4 I still think Doom 3's multiplayer and singleplayer modes are still both better, Doom 3 just simply has a larger fan base with more mods and maps. Then again if Doom 3 is a better platform for mods and maps maybe Id relied on us as the players to create our own content.
Juash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: My opinion... Reply with quote

If you ask me, Q4 is a bit better then d3, but thats non-importnant. I think the reason that Q4 gets more stuff is because it's more advanced and (?) can support more of the things, and there are more things to do with it.
Stealth.Sniper
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are actually far more people on q4 multiplayer, but the community is split up between the four patches (and the beta) that is out right now. At the moment, if i remember correctly, quake 4 also remains the number one tourny game in the world, hosted at tournaments and championships for big money (hell, look at fatal1ty). Other than that, quake 4 was pretty much made for multiplayer, and there isn't that much you can do for doom 3 now without changing the game completely.

Quake 4 > doom 3 in terms of modding, I think, because of the extra features. Other than that they're practically the same.

I would've said quake 3 would be the best because of the release of the GPL, but then again, quake 3 is out-dated, and it'd be better to work with something up-to-date that can get you in shape for future games, therefore quake 4 > quake 3.

And HL2 all-out loses period because .. mods for HL2? Uh, no. lol. Not what it's famous for. CSS ftw, maybe, but not mods. And while we're at it, to hell with Steam Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: