GDC day Six (omg AO posting)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AO
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: GDC day Six (omg AO posting) Reply with quote

Today was unfortunately the last day of sessions at the GDC. It's been a great experience and a great honour to have been at all the session with all the industry leads. A few of the cool guys I've seen are Cliff Blezinski, Gabe Newell and Tim Sweeney.

So the day started getting up for a few very interesting session; about the physics in Half Life 2, best practices for Multithreading and a session about the conflicts that emerged between the creative design team and programming team in God of War.

The clock was now 1 pm and we took over the Doom 3 booth from the closed caption mod guys, were we were to show off the mod to 5pm. I decided to check out Best Buy and Comp USA after some time, very dissappointed, best NVIDIA card they had was a 7800..

I came back after like 1.5 hours (painful bus ride) having missed quite a few cool interviews the other guys did at our booth. As a guy who's a coder and who's primary language isn't English I wouldn't have too much interesting to say anyway. Calimer is doing a good job with the PR.

Ate our last meal together before me and Calimer went to the Game Concert which is the best concert I've ever been to!
BurN
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad to hear you had a great experience AO! By the pics and what calimer and mercy have posted it seems you guys had a blast Very Happy. I'm sure it will be an experience you will remember forever. Its really cool to see you guys by the pictures because after talking and working with you guys on mainly the web i had a built in image in my mind of what you would look like, but I was way off haha. OMG a 1 and a half hour bus ride? I would have jumped out and started running. I hope you and the guys have a safe ride home, and tell the glass cutter to cut the award into 3 equal pieces Very Happy.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the subject to read day six because it was day six, not day 5. AO posted that on Friday the 24th. I'll be posting my Wednesday - Friday experience shortly. Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: