GDC Day Two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: GDC Day Two Reply with quote

Today I did...just about nothing.

Calimer and AO did some stuff at the convention center and saw V for Vendetta. Unfotunately, I couldn't find the movie theatre and was "stuck" playing LMS for nearly four hours.
iten
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Japanese gardens? Razz
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was a bit lower key. AO and I returned to the convention center where we picked up our badges. Then we headed up to see our IGF booth again and it turns out we get a spot that is facing out towards where people would walk by so it looks like we'll get a lot of exposure which is awesome. We talked to some random people and ran into my friend that I met from the airplane on my Saturday flight. He is working at the GDC in exchange for getting a giga pass which is pretty cool. Our talk on the plane was mostly about last man standing, obviously, and he seems quite excited to play it, which rocks. He's a cool dude and we'll be hanging out for the rest of the GDC days too.

Then we headed out to a movie theater and watched V for Vendetta. Mercykiller was going to join us but he ended up going the wrong way and getting lost somewhere in the boonies. Then AO and I headed back to the convention center for more touring and then headed back to the hotel where we are now. So we don't have many pictures to show since we don't have a flash card reader to put AO's pictures on a computer, but that just means that when he gets home we all will be getting hordes of dirty, err, cool pictures. Things are going to be accelerating at a rapid pace though the next couple of days. Tuesday we have to go and set up, and Wednesday is when the Expo and the main sessions start. Also Wednesday night is when the awards show is and when we find out if we won or not. I can't wait and right now ao is hitting me with my stress ball that he keeps kicking around in the hotel lobby. It has wizzed by me about a dozen times now. Kids, I'll tell ya, geez.. Anyway, take care and I hope all is going well with everyone.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The random site AO and Calimer created at the tech museum:

http://my.thetech.org/wps/?rfid=00000385EF7E95CF
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you posting these things just to rub in the fact that I couldn't go? It's killing me!

I hear how much fun you guys are having, and I'm just hating that I couldn't be there. It sounds like a great time that I missed out on, but nothing can be done about it.

Round trip would have taken twenty days total in our RV, so there was no way we could have drove there. And don't even get me started on planes...

Anyway, enjoy yourselves (not in that way) and make sure you bring a video camera to record every second over there so I don't miss out on much.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hell yeah, putas Very Happy. more pics ASAP and movie clips. damm I am so goddamm angry now that I couldn't come there Sad, bloody exams! good news ,though only math and english left Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy.

Quote:
So we headed off to iten's house even though I feared for my life as I was making him laugh too much and I was worried about his driving being impared. Iten is a type that doesn't chuckle or just laugh hard, he literally empties his lungs of air when he laughs.

do you know calimer that my friend ( principal in our movie Razz ) is excatly the same. he yells with 180 db with 20 hz frequency, and laughs so loud that walls are falling down Very Happy. so did you make TIE bomber sounds again or what calimer ? Wink

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

BurN
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you see mercy, thats what you get when you forget to set a path, your boat would have never gotten lost that way.

I'm glad you guys got a g spot, *good. looks like peeps will freak out playing lms which means people will see people freaking and start freaking out themselves. you gotta take pics.
You guys are seriously going to have so much fun in the next few days, be sure to brag about it on the forums haha.
oh and is there is a live webcast going on of when the winners are announced? that would be really awesome. maybe I could find some way to record it.

play it safe guys, do anything the master cant do. i'll be looking forward to PICS, need more pics... *looks in general direction of mercykiller*.
Hobbes
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Can't wait to see the pics that you guys are taking. Anybody really famous there? Hint hint, John Carmack...

Hobbes
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that anyone from Id would show up, at least that high up in the chain of command.

But I digress...

BTW...Finally have internet in the hotel room, as they were having server trouble. Expect to see mercykiller/calimer/AO on IRC.
Corrupt Chocula
Die Hard LMS Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds awesome guys Razz keep us posted
Skutarth
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercyKiller wrote:
I doubt that anyone from Id would show up, at least that high up in the chain of command.

But I digress...

BTW...Finally have internet in the hotel room, as they were having server trouble. Expect to see mercykiller/calimer/AO on IRC.

MercyKiller... you disgrace! It's "id Software". They used to be "Id Software". Before that they were "ID Software". Everybody knows that!
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skutarth wrote:
MercyKiller... you disgrace! It's "id Software". They used to be "Id Software". Before that they were "ID Software". Everybody knows that!

Wow. What an embarassing mistake.

I think I'll go shoot myself.
Skutarth
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice. If you can't find a real gun to use, try using a flare gun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: