IGF Day One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MercyKiller
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: IGF Day One Reply with quote

MercyKiller's Day:

Instead of flying out to the GDC like the other guys, I decided to drive (in order to bring "the rig"). For the most part, the drive was rather uneventful and somewhat boring.

Once we arrived in San Jose and checked into the hotel, I met up with Calimer and AO around 3 pm. For the most part, we just messed around and hung out. The pizza I had for lunch was somewhat...interesting.

Calimer had been in touch with Iten, who lives around San Francisco. He swung by and picked us up about 5:45 for dinner at his place. We messed around there and talked to his parents about various tech related stuff, checked out his place, and had some pretty quality food. Calimer checked up on some MTV and SpikeTV contact stuff there.

We got back to the hotel at about 10 pm and, after some odd troubles with a replacement mouse under linux, got to posting. BurN has some fun pics that will most likely be put up.

That's about it for day 1.

Expect more updates.
BurN
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st day pics! Mercy sent these over to me by e-mail. Hopefully more pics as each day unwinds.

Ao posing in a suggestive way.

Oh so happy calimer.

a true gamer as he talks on irc

iten's car door 1, LMS team 0.

The Schedule

Last edited by BurN on Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, this is calimer, obviously, writing from mercykiller's dad's computer. I landed in San Jose last night and met AO for the first time in person which was cool. He was way taller than I expected, I think somewhere about 9' 5"

Today AO and I went down to the convention center to take a look around. I don't we were really supposed to be going in the areas we were but I figured I'd see how much we could see before being removed. We saw where we get to show off the and it is right near the main entrance which is awesome. We want to get there early on Tuesday to set up so that we can hopefully get the most optimal booth location.

Then AO and I visited the Tech Museum which was decent. We checked out the IMAX movie about the mars rover because AO I guess is interested in watching dirt and rocks for an hour. It was interesting though. After visiting the museum we got word from mercykiller that he had arrived so we headed back to the hotel and met up with him. Then we had plans to go to Iten's house to go for a BBQ. Iten picked us up around 5:45pm and we attempted to head out but iten had some troubles with his car door closing. I used my awesome powers of car repair (uh yeah) and aided our troubled friend. The funny part was this girl was watching us the whole time and was just like uhh when I threw my arms up in celebration when I helped fix it. So we headed off to iten's house even though I feared for my life as I was making him laugh too much and I was worried about his driving being impared. Iten is a type that doesn't chuckle or just laugh hard, he literally empties his lungs of air when he laughs. So a few white knuckles later we arrived at his place where we were welcomed by his family. They were very nice and hospitiable and even bbqed me some vegetarian skewers. They asked us about the mod and our roles and that was our main topic of discussion. It was a very pleasant evening and I hope to be able to visit again especailly if we win so that we can have a little celebration party. Then we headed back to the hotel and are doing the daily posting.

As a note AO has a ton of picks for today but we were unable to get his pictures on the computer. We are going to try further though since mercykiller didn't have that many pics. But anyway I can't wait to give you guys further updates and to be showing off LMS at the GDC, it is so going to rock. Take care everyone and I hope all is well.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Nicemice
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, great stuff. Nice to see some photos of you guys, too. Hope you have fun at the GDC! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: