3.0 Official Release! Features Classic Doom For Doom 3 Coop!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: 3.0 Official Release! Features Classic Doom For Doom 3 Coop! Reply with quote

Here it is, the 3.0 Official Release! This release is far superior to 2.0 and everyone should download it! If you are not familiar with our mod check out our gameplay summary! Also included in that link are some new press mentions that we've been featured in. We have spent a lot of extra time making sure this release was as solid and bug free as possible. Here are some of the main features included:

* Integration of the Classic Doom Mod using the Cdoom Coop Gametype
* A help tab has been added in the main menu
* Stamina re-implemented in SP COOP and ROE COOP gametypes.
* All of the ROE maps are now tweaked for Coop
* The Plasmathrower stream has been updated
* Two new difficulty levels have been added, si_skill 4 and si_skill 5
* New maps kf_arena and prog_sewer
* New boat model
* Persistent data is fixed so now players retain their weapons when they change levels.
* Map skips are fixed.
* Monsters now also drop items when dying if the server is dedicated.
* Various lag tweaks

These are only a few of the many features added so be sure to check out 3.0! Also there are some yummy easter eggs for the more attentive SP Coop players ;D As a note all versions support Windows, Linux and Mac! A Mac installer should hopefully be available shortly, for now use the Multiplatform.

Windows DoomWadStation - D3files Mirror - 3D Downloads Mirror - ModDB Mirror - GamersHell Mirror
Multiplatform DoomWadStation - D3files Mirror - 3D Downloads Mirror - ModDB Mirror - GamersHell Mirror

If you have any troubles visit our 3.0 Feedback Forums for FAQ and Bug Reporting.

As an important note, this is our last official release of LMS. That is why we took the extra time to make sure it was as solid as possible. We do of course reserve the right to release more LMS content in the future, especially if for whatever reason an update is needed. Also, even though this is our last official release, there is still a lot more LMS to come. The_Master is working on a map pack for LMS which he should be releasing in the not too distant future. Also Herr_virus is working on creating an expansion pack. In addition I'm considering releasing my own map pack of the unreleased LMS maps that need some fine tuning. Additionally there is the possibility up an upcoming LMS tournament if there is enough interest.

I do want to make it clear that we will be supporting LMS past this release, especially by sticking around in our IRC channel. As far as my upcoming projects, you can check here for the next mod that I'm already working on. In addition I do still plan to work on Legends. The PlatinumArts.Net webpage will soon be getting a revamp and it will serve as a central location for anyone interested to know what projects I am working on. And of course I am still doing the weekly radio show, now located at EGLN.net so feel free to stop by. You can download our latest show, featuring an interview with Red Orchestra here. This definitely won't be the last LMS news post so be sure to keep stopping by! I really want to give a huge thanks to all of our beta testers and the community for all of your support through the development of LMS. You guys and gals have really made it a pleasure to work on LMS and I hope everyone is enjoying LMS as much as I still am Smile Take care and thanks for everything.
-calimer

Check out our business page
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
Also feel free to talk to us on ventrilo (voice chat) at: HOST = voice-va1.branzone.com | PORT = 3848 | PASS = hotlms
Visit our Moddb Page

Last edited by calimer on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
bomber4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GOD YES. i am downloading it RIGHT NOW
rooster nut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFMG YES YES FU#C%^C!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....ill play it later bye Twisted Evil
Dalek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: omg Reply with quote

was only looking on here a few hours ago.... OMFG
The Master
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Last Man Standing Coop 3.0 Official Release! Reply with quote

calimer wrote:
The_Master is working on a map pack for LMS which he should be releasing in the not too distant future.

That depends on what you consider a "not too distant future". I still need to finish my second map so I can put it in the pack, and I also want to optimize some other custom maps for the pack before I release it so it will have a lot of content. It could still take a couple of months, but I really have no idea.

THE LMS MOD IS THE BEST MOD FOR DOOM 3!!

See? Told you it was a great Signature.
Gazz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome news that 3.0 has finally been released. This means we can all jump onto a server and play through the various game modes (especially cdoom Wink ).

Its sad to hear this is your last release, however if it is as good as Im hoping, there wont really be a need for another release. When Cdoom has released 1.1, that will be our final version so then we will have every aspect covered for singleplayer and deathmatch in our mod and co-op through last man standing.

Anyway, great work guys, just let the appreciation flood in now Wink you deserve it.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gazz, it is nice to see both our mods doing well. It was a pleasure working with you Smile Take care.
-calimer
Visit our Moddb Page
Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

LMS 3.0!!! YAY WE HAD BEEN WAITING FOR IT FOR SOOOOO LOOONG THANK YOU CALIMER AND THE LMS TEAM FOR CREATING A SUCH A GREAT MOD LIKE THIS!!!

'There is no God, The only god that exist is the godcheat'

http://www.lmsmd.moddb.com/
rooster nut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mommy I wanna be like calimer when i grow up Wink
Brainpr0n

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome stuff! Boo-ya!
ddraig

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Stuff, very professional! Good luck with the new games company!
Herr_Virus
LMS Fanatic

Location: My home is "Machuset" a store wich Mac computers there with internet connection

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rooster nut wrote:
mommy I wanna be like calimer when i grow up Wink

mommy I wanna be like Heaton when i grow up Wink. And Heaton is the world best Counter-Strike player but instead of owning everyone as C-s I wanna own everyone at Lms 3.0!!!

'There is no God, The only god that exist is the godcheat'

http://www.lmsmd.moddb.com/
Sgt.Sanders
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS! Im gonna say u guys r the best ppl on the entire planet the only ppl that can stop you are the ID team....and my mom Laughing So just let me say

HOLY F**KING SH*T THIS IS GONNA KICK SOME MAJOR ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5killer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the best mod ever made and ever will be made great job guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: