LMS working with firewall

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 1.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stigmata

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: LMS working with firewall Reply with quote

I am having trouble running LMS and getting it to work with Zone Alarm.

I have Doom 3 set of all access rights but it still does not work. Anyone else have this same trouble?

I am using version 5.5.
XxLaVaxX
LMS Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it work with zonealarm turned off . if so then it's a setting probally set too high in zone alarm and then you would have to allow the ports and then some .so maybe setting a security to medium would most likely allow it and other things to work .and allow some stuff in "privacy" script etc as taht is the easier methods and no less secure.

-XxLaVaxX

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stigmata

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have the security set to medium. And it works fine with the firewall off. I dont have a problems running severs for any other program either. And I've tried setting rules too allow the ports but that doesn't seem to help either. Even allowing doom use of all ports.
calimer
Mod Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you having trouble joining a server? Or having people join yours? I use zonealarm as well and what I had to do was set both security settings to medium under the firewall tab, then people could join. You could also go to "program control", and make sure everything is allowed for it. Take care.
-calimer
Come and talk to us on IRC
Visit our Moddb Page
mixa
leet Beta Tester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zone alarm is a real b***h, even if you allow it to use certain ports etc, it still keeps blocking them. I recommend that you start using better firewall like outpost. Confused

and thanks to skutarth about abivideo's covers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Last Man Standing Coop Forum Index -> 1.0 Official Tech Support and Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: